Ten to one?

glancing at # of users this morning: it said about 500 guests and about 50 users on line at that moment.
is this about normal? sure seems like a lot of guests. I wonder if they are machine programs or actual people who just don’t join?
does anyone have a enlightening statement about this statistic?

[QUOTE=jimrr;192588]glancing at # of users this morning: it said about 500 guests and about 50 users on line at that moment.
is this about normal? sure seems like a lot of guests. I wonder if they are machine programs or actual people who just don’t join?
does anyone have a enlightening statement about this statistic?[/QUOTE]

Enlightened? Sadly no. But hey. I’m here huckleberry…

[QUOTE=jimrr;192588]glancing at # of users this morning: it said about 500 guests and about 50 users on line at that moment.
does anyone have a enlightening statement about this statistic?[/QUOTE]

That’s people checking to see if the Oilfield is on the upswing yet.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;192647]That’s people checking to see if the Oilfield is on the upswing yet.[/QUOTE]

In your dreams…offshore GoM ain’t never gonna swing back. Got that Home Depot job yet? They are hiring you know…

Truckers going good with the price of crude falling again!

ok, first you have to get all the ragheads to agree on production freezes. This could happen but I’d suspect you will get them first to agree on a price limit that prohibits American industry from producing very much. (maybe they all ready have?) they can get by with 25-35$ oil while americans require 40-45$ oil and that profit does not leave much room for exploration and development.
a quick fix for this would be a couple sunk tankers, but they can turn production on and off like a lightbulb and those of you in the industry have seen some of this happen all ready.

[QUOTE=jimrr;192660]ok, first you have to get all the ragheads to agree on production freezes. This could happen but I’d suspect you will get them first to agree on a price limit that prohibits American industry from producing very much. (maybe they all ready have?) they can get by with 25-35$ oil while americans require 40-45$ oil and that profit does not leave much room for exploration and development.
a quick fix for this would be a couple sunk tankers, but they can turn production on and off like a lightbulb and those of you in the industry have seen some of this happen all ready.[/QUOTE]

Maybe non-OPEC countries, incl. USA, has to agree to a production freeze, or even reduction?
But as long as low oil price is good for other industries and individuals, why would the worry about jobs for a few thousand oil field workers and mariners?

[QUOTE=ombugge;192666]But as long as low oil price is good for other industries and individuals, why would the worry about jobs for a few thousand oil field workers and mariners?[/QUOTE]

I gotta admit, it’s damn nice to be able to fill up the fuel tank on my boat without having to consider taking out a bank loan.

wellllllllllll, CUZ, if I wanted to go to sea in the patch again I could afford the price of fuel anyway!!
My understanding is SW Asia can match any demand … and keep the price low enough to discourage competition… and hey!, we’ve all ready built all their infrastructure to do it.

That big new find in the Permian ain’t gonna help offshore recover anytime soon. . . .

most “finds” were all ready known… it’s just picking the more affordable recovery ones first.

[QUOTE=c.captain;192650]In your dreams…offshore GoM ain’t never gonna swing back. Got that Home Depot job yet? They are hiring you know…

Truckers going good with the price of crude falling again![/QUOTE]

It’s so sweet of you to be worried about my future employment. Scooter.