Super Bowl

Very rarely am I home for the big game. It awesome that I get to see it this year as I am a lifelong Niner fan. Go Niners!

Enjoy the game Dude. Glad you’re off finally…and to see your team.

[QUOTE=brjones;97357]Very rarely am I home for the big game. It awesome that I get to see it this year as I am a lifelong Niner fan. Go Niners![/QUOTE]

You got company, I’ve been a Niner fan since “The Catch” - So nice you are home
I get kidded a lot, Seattle seems to be everyone’s favorite in my neck of the woods, but it didn’t take long for my friends to realize I can toss it back.
Go Niners

Hell yeah!!! SF… Been waiting patiently for 18 years. GO NINERS!!!

[QUOTE=Capt Ryan;97400]Hell yeah!!! SF… Been waiting patiently for 18 years. GO NINERS!!![/QUOTE]

Well, Capt Ryan, I don’t have 18 years remaining.
Ball-Moor definitely has the edge.
HOWEVER
"It ain’t over till it’s over"

[QUOTE=brjones;97357]Very rarely am I home for the big game. It awesome that I get to see it this year as I am a lifelong Niner fan. Go Niners![/QUOTE]

I am home as well…in Baltimore.

Thirty minutes to the second Ravens Championship!

[QUOTE=capnfab;97421]I am home as well…in Baltimore.

Thirty minutes to the second Ravens Championship![/QUOTE]

“Once upon a time of Midnight Dreary” :smiley:

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;97422]“Once upon a time of Midnight Dreary” :D[/QUOTE]

Reminds me of the night the team formerly known as the Baltimore Colts snuck out of town for Indy-a-no-place…

BR…

It was a Helluva game.

I kinda wish I was at Gino & Carlo in North Beach having a victory drink…

Bummer of a loss- Kap still took em further than Smith ever did. Let’s trade that turd already. I sure as F hope it’s not another 18 till the next bowl. Once was way to long as it is! Forever faithful!!!

[QUOTE=“brjones;97357”]Very rarely am I home for the big game. It awesome that I get to see it this year as I am a lifelong Niner fan. Go Niners![/QUOTE]

Oops, shit. I mean, I saw the title and thought this was a discussion if where to send ALL the politicians in DC. But I see it is simply a discussion of some Hockey teams. Sorry, my mistake.

[QUOTE=Capt Ryan;97463]Bummer of a loss- Kap still took em further than Smith ever did. Let’s trade that turd already. I sure as F hope it’s not another 18 till the next bowl. Once was way to long as it is! Forever faithful!!![/QUOTE]

After the black out the Niners found their traction, but ~

[QUOTE=cappy208;97490]Oops, shit. I mean, I saw the title and thought this was a discussion if where to send ALL the politicians in DC. But I see it is simply a discussion of some Hockey teams. Sorry, my mistake.[/QUOTE]

I want what cappy’s drinking.

Oh that was a hard loss. First time we ever lost a super bowl. Congrats to the true Raven fans (capnfab) Your team played well and we fell short. Definitely a great game for the Ravens. At least I still have some victory taste in my mouth from the other SF team I love. World Series Champs Giants!

[QUOTE=capnfab;97456]BR…

It was a Helluva game.

I kinda wish I was at Gino & Carlo in North Beach having a victory drink…[/QUOTE]

I am in Baltimore about once a year and always go hit a different spot in Little Italy. I love veal scallopini and Sabatinos so far has been my favorite. I have not hit all the restaurants yet. First time I went there I asked someone on the street to recommend a place and she said “pick one, they are all good” So far she was right. I haven’t had a bad meal yet. I usually hit Vaccaros for a cannoli after my dinner. About 4 years ago I went to the Preakness and all I can say is “WOW” what a blast I had. Of course after the race we hit up Little Italy…lol

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;97392]You got company, I’ve been a Niner fan since “The Catch” - So nice you are home
I get kidded a lot, Seattle seems to be everyone’s favorite in my neck of the woods, but it didn’t take long for my friends to realize I can toss it back.
Go Niners[/QUOTE]

One of my first football memories was that Championship game. Both my father and grandfather have been season ticket holders since before that. I am in the same neck as you will all these Seahawks fans. I went over to some friends house to watch the game. Out of about 30 people, My family was the only one with Niners gear on. There was one with Ravens gear and the rest were Seahawk fans jumping on the Raven bandwagon. I had to ask “are you guys really Ravens fans, or just Niner haters?” The answer was the latter.

[QUOTE=brjones;97549]One of my first football memories was that Championship game. Both my father and grandfather have been season ticket holders since before that.[/QUOTE]

Joe Montana to Dwight Clark, I’ll never forget it ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ nor will Dallas.

[QUOTE=brjones;97549] I am in the same neck as you will all these Seahawks fans. I went over to some friends house to watch the game. Out of about 30 people, My family was the only one with Niners gear on. There was one with Ravens gear and the rest were Seahawk fans jumping on the Raven bandwagon. I had to ask “are you guys really Ravens fans, or just Niner haters?” The answer was the latter.[/QUOTE]

What I tell my friends in such a situation is that we all can have the class I have.

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;97562]Joe Montana to Dwight Clark, I’ll never forget it ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ nor will Dallas.[/QUOTE]

After “The catch”…Too Tall Jones reacted to the play by stating “You just beat America’s Team” to Montana after Clark had caught the pass. Montana replied, "Well, you can sit at home with the rest of America and watch the Super Bowl

[QUOTE=brjones;97564]After “The catch”…Too Tall Jones reacted to the play by stating “You just beat America’s Team” to Montana after Clark had caught the pass. Montana replied, "Well, you can sit at home with the rest of America and watch the Super Bowl[/QUOTE]

And that’s what he did.
I don’t know where they ever came-up with “America’s Team,” I found it so typical of Texas, well back then anyway, not at all true.
Everybody knows the Raiders were. :smiley:

Oh no, I just started another fist fight.