Stop McCain from repealing the Jones Act

I heard he’s even given the commencement address at a maritime academy before. I can’t possibly imagine what he bothered to say. I wonder if the text of the speech is archived somewhere?

He is an old curmudgeon who needs to be sent to the rest home. He has lost in a presidential bid and needs to be retired like an old racehorse. Even a staunch Republican like myself could not vote for him in 2008 and voted for neither candidate. He served his country well and I respect him for that. He has to look at all the coastal states and realize most of US population live next to the ocean so he is fighting an uphill battle. He has as much business deciding maritime issues as I have about tumbleweed protection.

Deflate gate my ass, sore losers. Go Patriots!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;152349]I heard he’s even given the commencement address at a maritime academy before. I can’t possibly imagine what he bothered to say. I wonder if the text of the speech is archived somewhere?[/QUOTE]

I think he just rambled about the naval academy. Can’t believe I forgot about that, I am tempted to write the academy and see if they still have any ties with the fuckhead, and rant/rave as a disgruntled alumni if so. If they think having a relationship with a guy who wants to put the majority of alumni and future students out of work, I have no interest ever associating with that place again.

I wish more alumni would write angrily to their respective alma maters, it would help prevent a lot of the cocksuckery that goes on in some of these places.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;152353]I wish more alumni would write angrily to their respective alma maters, it would help prevent a lot of the cocksuckery that goes on in some of these places.[/QUOTE]

There’s a ton of cocksuckery if you aren’t an engineer from Portland or Bangor or live in Houston/SD. I rant and rave about that issue regularly. They need to do away with the “chapters.” I’m done with the alumini association but try my best to not hurt the students in the process.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;152281]What news is there on the actual amendment? It would be difficult to believe that nothing has been happening in the days since we all first learned of this, so who’s got the inside scoop?[/QUOTE]

It’s not a stand-alone bill. It’s an amendment in the bill on the Keystone XL pipeline. The bill is here: https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/senate-bill/1?q={“search”%3A[“keystone”]} To see the amendment, go to the amendments tab and scroll down to Amendment no. 4.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;152358]It’s not a stand-alone bill. It’s an amendment in the bill on the Keystone XL pipeline.[/QUOTE]

but if the amendment is to effect legislation that falls under the jurisdiction of another subcommittee, then the amendment must be heard by that subcommittee separately for it to be considered and then voted on. If you don’t have this provision you end up with nothing but legislative chaos.

Ok, I know we have legislative chaos but I mean another kind of chaos…

[QUOTE=z-drive;152354]There’s a ton of cocksuckery[/QUOTE]

what a simply splendid word!..I’m gonna have to add that one to my profanity lexicon

You’re welcome

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;152372]You’re welcome[/QUOTE]

I thought that was z-drive’s word but if you are the father of it then I thank you but if you aren’t don’t be taking no credit

You may also like:

A friend of mine uses the term “slapdickery” which is inspired by sexy-rexy, formerly of the New York Jets.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;152372]You’re welcome[/QUOTE]

by Jove, discovered that it is your word afterall. Damned fine job sir. Well done!

Harrumph!

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;152353]I wish more alumni would write angrily to their respective alma maters, it would help prevent a lot of the cocksuckery that goes on in some of these places.[/QUOTE]

by Jove, discovered that it is your word afterall. My apologies for the moment of doubt. Damned fine job sir. Well done!

Harrumph!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=z-drive;152380]You may also like:

A friend of mine uses the term “slapdickery” which is inspired by sexy-rexy, formerly of the New York Jets.[/QUOTE]

not as good as “cocksuckery” but good try tho

“Hedley! I didn’t get a ‘Harrumph’ out of that guy!”

“Harrumph! Harrumph!”

Yes, it’s been said before that 'ole Paddy is quite the cunning linguist.

I don’t like him either but let’s calm down with the racist terms.

So am I correct that this would have to go to the transportation subcommittee for vote also?

how on earth could anyone consider “cocksuckery” racist?

So am I correct that this would have to go to the transportation subcommittee for vote also?

Yes, I believe any subcommittee with jurisdiction over the impact of any legislation would demand to hold a hearing over the impact of the amendment

Cocksuckery is inclusive of all races, religions, orientations nationalities so equipped with the required equipment.

[QUOTE=z-drive;152393]Cocksuckery is inclusive of all races, religions, orientations nationalities so equipped with the required equipment.[/QUOTE]

a term with undeniable universal applicability across the entire spectrum of rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Politicians.

did I miss anyone?

Swashbucklers, kingspointers :wink: