Stolen Valor? Pirate Security Firm's Dirty Laundry

You may be hearing more about this…

[I]This is Alex Popovic, CEO and Founder of Greyside Group; you can view his website here www.greysidegroup.com.
[/I]
[I]
By their own admission they have the “Highest Legal, Moral, and Professional Business practices in the Industry”.
[/I]
[I]
Let’s look at the first paragraph of his bio:
[/I]
[I]
“Born and raised in Sydney, Australia, Mr. Popovic immigrated to the Unites States in 1986, becoming a U.S. citizen in 1994. Earning a degree in Chemical Engineering at Florida State University, he garnered minors in mathematics and physics as well. In 1993 he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps, rising to serve in elite U.S. Special Operations units for 10 years. Mr. Popovic participated in classified and unclassified missions throughout the world, including Liberia, Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. He was awarded the Silver Star for valor and the Purple Heart for wounds sustained in combat. He has briefed former President George W. Bush, Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld, and various national security advisors and national military command council members on strategies and tactics during the Global War on Terror after the events of 11 September 2001. “
[/I]
[I]- Silver Star Recipient-

• Purple Heart Recipient
  • Briefed former President George Bush and Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld[/I]
    [I]
    The Real issue. Confirmation from the Marine Corps-
    [/I]
    [I]
    NO SILVER STAR. NO PURPLE HEART. NO CAR.
    [/I]
    [I]
    NOT EVEN A COMBAT ACTION RIBBON!
    [/I]
    [B]It’s worth it to clickthrough and see the pic of this clown. http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=30376[/B]

It’s your lie, tell it however you like…

[I]March 22, 2011|By Carol J. Williams, Los Angeles Times

[B]9th Circuit rules that fibs can be protected speech[/B]

The appeals court strikes down the 2005 Stolen Valor Act that makes it a crime to lie about top military decorations. The action also vacates a Pomona man’s sentence for falsely claiming to have been awarded the congressional Medal of Honor.

“Saints may always tell the truth, but for mortals living means lying.”

Those were the words of Chief Judge Alex Kozinski in Monday’s decision by the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals that the Stolen Valor Act is an unconstitutional restraint on free speech and a threat to every citizen who fibs to embellish his or her image, avoid embarrassment or perpetuate a child’s belief in Santa Claus.[/I]

Note to self. This is a maritime thread. We don’t care. Call Opra!

[QUOTE=shipmate 1;71681]Note to self. This is a maritime thread. We don’t care. Call Opra![/QUOTE] Well, I for one, do friggin care. the guy is a scumbag. Protected speech my fuzzy American ass. Screw him and his company.

[QUOTE=seadog6608;71686]Well, I for one, do friggin care. the guy is a scumbag. Protected speech my fuzzy American ass. Screw him and his company.[/QUOTE]

He is the CEO/Founder of Greyside Group a Maritime Security Company

[QUOTE=shipmate 1;71681]Note to self. This is a maritime thread. We don’t care. Call Opra![/QUOTE]

How about when this asshole is the one guy between you and a year in a Somali hell hole. Huh, shipmate?

The guy won’t be between me and anything, If he lies about his military service, what else is he lying about. He won’t be on my boat.

[QUOTE=skycowboy;71706]The guy won’t be between me and anything, If he lies about his military service, what else is he lying about. He won’t be on my boat.[/QUOTE]

Well I’m glad you got yourself covered, Skycowboy. But this firm does lands maritime contracts from real companies on ships that mariners really do work on.

Yeah this guy [ATTACH]1948[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=BigGuy;71707]Well I’m glad you got yourself covered, Skycowboy. But this firm does lands maritime contracts from real companies on ships that mariners really do work on.

Yeah this guy [ATTACH]1948[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I am shocked at how low people will go to get a job. He might as well be a pirate himself.