Steam Boats in Victoria Harbour Vancouver Island British Columbia Canada 2011

More steam boats video coming soon,Stay Tuned

//youtu.be/Rcm4rf1W7ew

Here’s a clip with both a famous steamboat and fine lady!

and there’s always the tug MASTER but no bikini’d girls in the vid tho :wink:

//youtu.be/cfoYshGRTAw

Nice video
I know a lady who’s father designed and built the BCP 45 fishing boat in the Campbell River Museum,The boat is on the back of the 5 $ bill from in the 80’s

[QUOTE=TimeLapseCanada;70314]Nice video
I know a lady who’s father designed and built the BCP 45 fishing boat in the Campbell River Museum,The boat is on the back of the 5 $ bill from in the 80’s[/QUOTE]

BC has more old historic vessels than most anywhere in North America but sadly most are falling apart like this old timer at Britannia Beach on Howe Sound

Not much hope left for this old wooden lady I am afraid :frowning:

I’ve seen several steam powered launches in the Anacortes area. One was an AFRICAN QUEEN replica. The most beautiful vessel I had seen was a wooden hull tug that towed pleasure craft. It may have been a diesel retrofit.

Whats the name of the boat at Britannia Beach on Howe Sound
Do you have any video of her

[QUOTE=TimeLapseCanada;70330]Whats the name of the boat at Britannia Beach on Howe Sound
Do you have any video of her[/QUOTE]

I think her name is ISLAND CHAMPION and I can’t find any vids online. I wonder if she is still there rotting away? I believe that the vessel had been donated by Island Tug & Barge to the Vancouver Maritime Museum but obviously the restoration and maintenance of such a large wooden vessel is too much for the limited resources of that institution. Pity but almost all good vessels must end their lives at some point. Only a miniscule fraction manage to be preserved.