I’m curious who has hit the annual SSA maximum contribution? I just hit mine this past check. I’m working on a govt. contracted boat on the bridge with an unlimited license/DP.
For those who have or haven’t, what type of work are you doing, oil field, Wind, towing?
I’ve hit it a couple times in my life. When I was sailing 1AE and now I hit it every year in power generation.
Good for you. I recall in a thread a few years ago this topic came up, and most who did beat the ssa cap did it around Nov., Thanksgiving at the latest. The cap seems to go up 5 or 6k every year, so this is also a pretty good sounding board for how wages are keeping up with the cost of living for us.
Or more accurately, how they aren’t keeping up… at least in the oilfield.
Good point, I feel for my friends still stuck there, hopefully I will never have to go back.