Sportys in the channel

Tell your friends who all own boats to either stay the eff out of the channel or know what the eff they are doing especially at night. We nearly ran over a guy while he was doing 20 kts down the middle at night.

We flash our giant spotlights, nothing. We turn to port(cuz he is already coming close down our stbd side), he turns to stbd at the last second… We perform 200 ton z-drive ninjutsu. Guaranteed his next of kin would’ve been filing the insurance claim cuz him and his fancy baby yacht would’ve been crushed and slap-chopped.

BTW this was in an area with literally 1/2 mile of good water on either side for small boats. Stay the eff out of the channel!

Ok rant over

I call them “organ donors” around Fourchon way.

It never ceases to amaze me how they will go out of their way to cross your bow about killing themselves just to pass port to port. I don’t recall ever seeing a double yellow line out there. Am I missing something? Maybe I should have the color blindness test redone to make certain that I can see yellow. If it wasn’t for all the paperwork I would say run them over. Social Darwinism at its best!

The DEEP Draft sailing vessels are the worst there might be over 25 feet of water out of the channel but the want to play chicken with ships that have to remain in the channel. I do not believe that sail boats even know what Rule 9 is?

The stooge in the sailboat was our client in what was going to be the first case I got to try (actually, our client was his insurance company). He insisted on going to trial, and the case wqas so hopeless, even the new guy right out of law school couldn’t make it any worse. The day before trial he wised up and settled, probably the threat of having me triy his case pushed him to it…) My pre-trial victory was getting a ruling that this video tape would only be shown without sound/commentary by the videographer.

Rule #1, Thou shall not crash.

That was my old Boss running that boat, c. Ransom Walrod. He said that he was down below, Patty was doubling on deck and giving distances…

Had a lot of fun working the movie stuff…