Siu school questions & concerns

first i would like to thank anybody who response, as this is my first post on the site. i have not done much research to see if anybody has asked these questions prior these are just a few conceners of mine

ok i got accepted to siu school piney point & im leaving in December. Although im excited i dont know what to expect, like i seen it mentioned i have to shave, thats no problem but after school is it a requirement? cause i bump easy and not a good look lol other than that what else do you have to deal with? also how are classes? are they hard? hows the food?

Also i know i dont get paid the first 3 months im there but the next 3 while your on your training ship do you get paid for that? i have bills i can put to the side but not forever.

after the 3 month ship do you come home? if so how long? and do you have to go back to school? and when do you start making real money?

once again man sorry for all the questions but im just tryna see how i will like this new career im about to start. thanks for the response!

[QUOTE=Gascrazy;120590]first i would like to thank anybody who response, as this is my first post on the site. i have not done much research to see if anybody has asked these questions prior these are just a few conceners of mine

ok i got accepted to siu school piney point & im leaving in December. Although im excited i dont know what to expect, like i seen it mentioned i have to shave, thats no problem but after school is it a requirement? cause i bump easy and not a good look lol other than that what else do you have to deal with? also how are classes? are they hard? hows the food?

Also i know i dont get paid the first 3 months im there but the next 3 while your on your training ship do you get paid for that? i have bills i can put to the side but not forever.

after the 3 month ship do you come home? if so how long? and do you have to go back to school? and when do you start making real money?

once again man sorry for all the questions but im just tryna see how i will like this new career im about to start. thanks for the response![/QUOTE]

Wassup? Johnnie my name, ill see you there buddy!! dec 2nd correct? after school you don’t have to shave if you don’t want to man. Classes shouldn’t be hard since my father been my mentor about what type of stuff I will be learning, and dont worry about if the classes are hard you’ll learn just about everything you need to learn. But im guessing the food will probably suck ass!!. After talking to the admission severely of times your basically there for about 9 months, so don’t be expecting to be home for awhile. Also, you’ll be going back to school after doing your 120 days either overseas or at NCL cruise ship in hawaii, which I will be going since my not qualified oversea since of my wisdom tooth, than after completing some sea-time as an apprentice you’ll have money to take classes for your rating and upgrades. After all of that you’ll be sent to your local union and wait for an opening. By the way you get paid after phase 2, while going to school. It’s not much man but hey I rather get paid then not get paid to attend school. See you there man!!