Signing Off Control Sheets for CMM Upgrade

What is the general consensus?
I work on a drill ship, chief mate (American). One of the other drillships in the fleet only have foreign Captains and foreign Chief Mates, some of the 2nd mate DPOs (American) would like me to sign off their control sheets. They say the Captain (foreign officer) has checked and has approved them, but they need an American CM or Master to sign off. Would you do it or not?

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;66010]What is the general consensus?
I work on a drill ship, chief mate (American). One of the other drillships in the fleet only have foreign Captains and foreign Chief Mates, some of the 2nd mate DPOs (American) would like me to sign off their control sheets. They say the Captain (foreign officer) has checked and has approved them, but they need an American CM or Master to sign off. Would you do it or not?[/QUOTE]

You would be signing off (on a line titled “Assessor”) a successful assessment without having personally done or witnessed the assessmrent?

Correct. They would have it signed or witnessed by their Captain (who is one Dutch and one UK licensed), then they would want me to sign them off, even though I was not there to witness it.