Signet Marine

:cool:
Can anyone provide insight on employment with Signet Marine as a tug mate?

When you work for Barry you are family. But if you screw up and aren’t honest you are gone like yesterdays corn on the cob.

Yesterdays corn on the cob… funny. Thanks Cap, appreciate the feedback. That sounds very fair to me.

[QUOTE=cappy208;77863]When you work for Barry you are family. But if you screw up and aren’t honest you are gone like yesterdays corn on the cob.[/QUOTE]

[B]Family Huh? Does that mean he will ask to borrow money on a regular basis and never pay it back?[/B]

I worked for him for 7 years. Now 24 years later, I am still in contact with him, and his secretary puts me through without delay. I NEVER since have gotten Christmas turkeys, thanksgiving baskets, and cash bonus from anyone, ever. I can’t vouch for Signet lately, but he is / was a super class act. Period.

I talked to Barry many years ago about going to work there. He was incredibly nice, but at the time, I didn’t have the proper license. I told him that I was going to call him when I had the proper licensing in place and he welcomed my call.
Fast forward 3-4 years…
I worked through all of my upgrades.
I re-sent the emails that had went back and forth years before, and called him as well. Again the guy was incredibly nice and put me directly in touch with one of his big dogs. Their schedules/locations didn’t work out for me, so I didn’t pursue anything…BUT…They were amazing to deal with especially being that I was just some random email, and phone voice. Don’t know much about them other than that, but that’s my experience with them, for what it’s worth!

Wow, I haven’t thought about Barry in years. I had some business dealings with him in the past and can say that I was happy to deal with him.

Scary thing is… I know how many years have gone past. We are ALL older. Well. At least some of you are!

I think Signet is looking for a chief engineer at this time (17 August)

Anyone know what kinds of rotations signet does ?and do their Tugs have mates?a mate training Program or 1st ,2nd mates,Heard Tugs are going to require Mates now?any word?

Im also interested in that question,doesnt look like anyone answered yours about Mates at Signet,did you find anything out ?