Sharp Celesticomp V - wanted

hello,

searching for a Celesticomp V
does anyone have one for selling?

thank you !

Maybe, but I think it’s in a storage unit in california.

What are they going for these days?

hello John,
thanks for your interest on my request
pls let me know if you can recover the stored unit …

I have one as well. Also a Cassens & Plath sextant, if you’re looking.

Tony

1 Like

Hello Tony,
no need for the C&P at this moment, thank you - just the Celesticomp …
asking price for the calc? Which version is the software (Rear label on ram
card reports it) Thank you!

Enrico

All I know is the serial number–27035858.

The stickers on the back are mostly rubbed off–sorry. But it would date back to about 1993 which is when I got it. I did talk with the designer John somebody who said it would be good for another long while, but that was 10n years ago. I have no idea what to sell it for.

I’ve seen them on eBay for not much more than a hundred something $

hello Tony,
from what you say the label on rom card has gone - is it the star list
(inside of the grey plastic cover) still present?
Which are the overall aesthetic conditions?
As memeber’s statement about the medium value of calculator, if it is fine
for you too i can offer 100USD including traceable postage to Italy (zip
35023)

thank you in advance for consideing my offer-

Yes, the starlist is there and looks new. The calculator is in excellent condition for being as old as it is. Really pristine. I used it for sun shots and star ID up to June 2015

. The backside labels rubbed off because there’s nothing to protect them on the back of the calculator.

That said, I am real lukewarm about selling my Celesticomp V. I was mostly responding to the surprise of someone asking about a calculator that I have been a proud owner of for so long. Maybe ask John about his. Thanks.Uploading…

2 Likes

hello Tony,
i have been looking for this celesticomp V for a long time…
your calculator is much better then i expected -
if you agree for selling it i am sure we will find a satisfactory agreement for you about the selling price

please feel free to think on it and let me know

havev a nice day

eBay dot com, bud

Is anyone looking for one of these? I have a Celesticomp V Pro for sale.

I’m interested in the celesticomp v if you still have it. Please send me a message protocol278@aol.com . Regards. Mike

How much do you want for the sextant? I can do the math myself.

Now that’s a message you don’t see every day.

$875.00 for the Cassens & Plath Horizon Ultra (White; in excellent shape)
$70.00 for the Celesticomp (as is)
$50.00 KVH DataScope/Rangefinder (better optics; bracket mounted as a kickass telescope for day or night shots). Trust me, you want it. Standard OEM telescope included (but harder to find dim stars)

Included: Original Mahogany box. Hex key for mirror adjustments. Included at no charge plastic, watertight carrying case (yellow) for air travel.

Proviso: the sextant has 2 black, plastic quick release clamps on the graduated arc. Rear one is busted off. Does not affect use at all. I looked around briefly for replacement (in German it’s
called “Sperrklinke” – but decided since performance was fine, I’d just go with it. I took $25 off. I’d send a picture but my camera is busted.
The Celesticomp has been in a drawer for the last however long years (used it often up to 2015). I assume it’s a 100% go but I’m not going to get involved at this point. So “as-is”.

In my view this is like selling a turn-key operation. Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks.

Tony
Prescott AZ

PS I developed a method to check the accuracy of my shots (typically 0.2 to 0.5 mi but with occasional errant shot) with the Celesticomp within the time it takes to input the sight data into the calculator. no plotting solution required. is it obvious?

|

• | - |

I have one as well. Also a Cassens & Plath sextant, if you’re looking. Tony

I’m gonna pm you about the sextant.

Hi Tony, I for whatever reason can’t send a pm from my phone. Please email me so I can get info on how you want payment for the celesticomp, rangefinder and sextant. Thanks. Mike. protocol278@aol.com