Senator John McCain has died

If you will look at 4:00 in this Navy film which show’s Lt McCain’s aircraft engulfed in fire/smoke – notice how the aircraft are parked. Any flames that he might have “shot out of his tail exhaust” would have gone harmlessly over the side of the aircraft carrier. This is quite beside the point that firing a missile from a parked aircraft at another parked aircraft is not a sane reaction to any possible situation on board.

So by that measure, if he was in NYC on 9/11 he might have fallen under suspicion?

Ahh yes…large numbers. Large numbers like this??? Of the several hundred pilots in the Navy during McCain’s flight career, how many had as many “mishaps” as he did? Seems like a valid statistic to me.

Are you trying to make a point? Because I can’t find it.

Maybe McCain just had a black cloud over him at all times. I’ve known people that just have terrible luck. But these events did occur, and McCain was involved in them. Nobody here is trying to claim a cause, reasoning, nor assign blame.

I do not grieve for him either, I believe he represented the worst aspect of American militarism and political corruption - though his contribution to greed and corruption has been so far surpassed lately that he is seen by many as a saint.

The fact remains that it is really sleazy to try and attribute the Forrestal disaster to him. That smells just like the current stream of sewage flowing into and out of DC.

The rocket that fired across the deck of the Forrestal was activated by an external APU left running under the wing of an F-4 Phantom. That’s what started the fire, not by anyone shooting flames from a tail exhaust.

2 Likes

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

His death does not spare him, his ideas, or his legacy of scrutiny.

1 Like

Even repeating the foolish, insane rumors that he had anything to do with the Forrestal fire, other than being a being a near-casualty, is plainly wrong.

Nearly universally agreed upon by most everyone as a reckless hotshot, playboy, and ambitious. Don’t think he would disagree himself if he were around.

Definitely a hawk and significant part of the last couple decades of American adventurism abroad, the merits or lack thereof will be argued for perpetuity.

Enemy of the USMM and it seems to me he was plainly swayed by his big money backers into that position, while vociferously voicing the exact counter opinion in any other aspect of the US military/industrial complex. Unfortunately this made me lose my respect for him.

1 Like

The definition of a parasite with little or no real regard for the human cost of political advantage.