Seacor continues to bleed qualified mariners

[QUOTE=threewhistles;123605]Is Seacor withering on the vine? I don’t think so, and have a multitude of reasons for feeling this way that I don’t want to get into here on a public forum. Perhaps they’re being prudent, given the wild swings this industry is famous for and they see long term opportunity given the likelihood of the atmosphere changing here. The company has always maintained an excellent bottom line. I would love to see some material investment in class leading vessels.[/QUOTE]

So why not build? Everybody else is and building like there is no tomorrow. This is not simple speculation on the part of Gary, Todd and Shane but clear knowledge that the GoM is going to have work for their boats and that the clients now want new state of the art designs and technology. Excellent bottomline not withstanding…look at how Tidewater failed to build for the deepwater and allowed their position as the big dog in the GoM dissolve to near insignificance? I honestly, do not know why Charles Fabrikant wants to just sit on his hands like he does but every year he remains on the sidelines, Seacor becomes less and less of a player and falls farther behind its competitors. TDW has shown that there is no catching up once you lose your place. The other dogs will eat you alive and all you end up being is a pile of useless bones made up of the hulls of boats nobody wants anymore.

I wonder if he’s still putting all his time and energy into the " Hub " idea he was working on years ago, I haven’t heard anything more about it since Macondo…
It was a huge offshore storage structure, Storage, Supply Depot, Fueling, Heliport, Quarters…
I think he was hoping to station one on the East and West coast in Lieu of shore based structures.

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;123610]I wonder if he’s still putting all his time and energy into the " Hub " idea he was working on years ago, I haven’t heard anything more about it since Macondo…
It was a huge offshore storage structure, Storage, Supply Depot, Fueling, Heliport, Quarters…
I think he was hoping to station one on the East and West coast in Lieu of shore based structures.[/QUOTE]

I always thought it was a good idea but unless all the majors and big independents in the Deepwater were willing to jointly pay the freight for such an idea it is DOA!

confirmed today. seacor pried the wallet open and gave raises out…10$ a day for AB/QMEDs, 30$ a day for officers… while not trying to be ungratefull i hope They dont think thats going to slow down the bleeding to other companies paying 30% or more for the same jobs… will see…

Like done in the past. Seacor is just waiting for the opportunity to present itself. The market is starting to get flooded. Times may be ok for now but in the oil field will always have there up and downs. Do some research who has money and who is borrowing? There’s a limited on borrow money. What will happen when there is no more money? Sale? Lower pay? Who knows? Food for thought.