School ship activations for hurricane relief

I heard a rumor that MARAD was going to activate all three east coast school ships (New York, Massachusetts, and Maine) to head to New York and New Jersey for hurricane Sandy relief efforts. Can anyone confirm or deny?

If true, that would throw a loop in the winter ship out for mass!

I’m pretty sure the empire state is gonna get activated because it’s right there. But I heard the state of Maine and enterprise might be activated as well.

The SUNY Maritime campus and the TSES are housing FEMA Workers. It’s on their website.

[QUOTE=supplyboater;87520]I’m pretty sure the empire state is gonna get activated because it’s right there. But I heard the state of Maine and enterprise might be activated as well.[/QUOTE]

The TS KENNEDY is soon to be departing for Elizabeth, NJ

haven’t heard about the STATE OF MAINE yet

A floating self-contained hotel for emergency workers. Thats a very good use for them, since they are no longed needed as potential troop ships.

Surprised the Hospital Ship from Baltimore hasn’t been sent up to NYC. They could tie it up @ Homeport.

The T.S Kennedy is presently moored at the Navy Home Port pier in Staten Island. My info is that teams of forestry response personnel for dealing with the large amount of fallen flora in the tri-state area will be bunking on her.

The T/S State of Maine was activated today. The Training Staff have been instructed to move all freshman off the ship by Friday afternoon in order to allow for a departure over the weekend.

[QUOTE=Tugted;87615]Surprised the Hospital Ship from Baltimore hasn’t been sent up to NYC. They could tie it up @ Homeport.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can’t believe she hasn’t been activated yet.

USNS Wright was and she is at Homeport now with TS Kennedy.

[QUOTE=rob;87876]The T/S State of Maine was activated today. The Training Staff have been instructed to move all freshman off the ship by Friday afternoon in order to allow for a departure over the weekend.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Rob. They may give my company a shout regarding services.

[QUOTE=capnfab;87889]Yeah, I can’t believe she hasn’t been activated yet.

USNS Wright was and she is at Homeport now with TS Kennedy.[/QUOTE]

I have a couple friends on Comfort who tell me they had a tentative activation order that was rescinded, and they are now entering their VR period.

[QUOTE=capnfab;87889]Yeah, I can’t believe she hasn’t been activated yet.

USNS Wright was and she is at Homeport now with TS Kennedy.[/QUOTE]

SS Wright; she’s been a MARAD ROS pup for some time. I know the C/E…let ya’ll know what I find out this coming week.

Effective noon today TS State of Maine was officially stood down today by MARAD and FEMA and will not be required for any relief efforts. Both agencies greatly appreciated the flexibility, understanding, and preparation efforts of all faculty, staff, and students involved.