Sad day on the Deepwater Millenium

"An Erath man was killed while working on a drilling rig in Mozambique. 35-year-old Joshua Punch was working on the Deepwater Millennium drillship owned by Transocean. The accident happened Saturday around 6:20 central time. The drillship is conducting testing operations of an Anadarko Petroleum Corporation discovery off the coast. Punch was a contract employee working with HTK Consultants. The cause of the accident is being investigated.

Punch leaves behind a large family including five kids and a baby on the way. Punch’s brothers say Josh gave all he had to provide for his family. Josh Punch’s older brothers Troy and Ryan say the oil field was a way of life for their little brother.
“He took so much pride in his work. He couldn’t stand not being productive, not being a worker,” says Ryan Punch, Josh’s brother.
Josh had been doing deep water work for several years and went to Africa to relieve someone who had to come in for medical attention
Troy Punch, Josh’s brother says, "it was his first day out there.“
The oil field can be a dangerous place, but Troy and Ryan Punch never imagined it would take their brother.
The accident is still under investigation and Anadarko Petroleum is working to help the family with funeral arrangements and grief counseling.”

Nobody should take anything for granted working offshore. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and everyone that was close to him.

Does anyone know what happened? I am very interested to know.

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;71346]Does anyone know what happened? I am very interested to know.[/QUOTE]

I heard the slick line parted (wire line) and contacted his head.

[QUOTE=PDCMATE;71349]I heard the slick line parted (wire line) and contacted his head.[/QUOTE]

Wow that’s horrible