Regarding the foreign GoM mariner thread which I had started a week ago

In case some are wondering if pressure on gCaptain by outside groups led to it being deleted a few days afterwards, I want to say that I asked the gCaptain team for it to be taken down as a good faith gesture to the other parties who were quite upset by what I wrote. I must say that it is most interesting to note how this forum is read by management, how fast comments made here spread and more so, how some of those comments can sting them. With that said, these various parties now know my position, that I am in for the long haul and do not intend to concede in this matter until I see permanent change come to the issuance of these manning waiver letters to foreign vessels in the GoM. This matter has become a crusade for me now and there is no option available to me other than victory. In fact, it was the USCG that used that term as it appears that I have been the loudest voice they have yet heard in this matter. Those who know me well here, know that I relish a good scrap especially if it is a cage match with Joe Boss.

What I wish to ask my brothers here, is for those of you who are in the GoM presently to report all those foreign vessels which are currently working in the Gulf now and all those that might enter to work on the OCS in the future. Since I am not down there presently, I need to know which vessels are there in order to request copies of the waiver letters though FOIA process. With those letters, I will know who is getting them, when they are due to expire, what positions are waived, etc… With that information, I believe I can challenge each waiver individually through complaints to the USCG office which issues these letters. I have learned that to prevail in these complaints one must be armed with the greatest degree of information possible. If you wish to not to be public, you can always PM the information to me.

So please send me the names of those foreign flagged and manned vessels working in the Gulf now so I can make the FOIA inquiries concerning their waivers and thanks to all for your solidarity and kind assistance…

The SIEM Swordfish has been down here a while, I’d guess that there’s about 30 jobs that USMMs could have if we manned that boat. I go back to work Wednesday and will be working on a liar for you since we are sitting at the dock right now ( I work for a liftboat company, one with big ones). Thanks for looking out for us bayou boys even though you think we are all retarded cousin fuckers :wink: haha jk

Not sure of the crewing specifics but the Polar Queen has been in the gulf for some time now. Foreign flagged but I believe american owned. Once again I’m not sure if the crew is american but from the sound of the accents over the VHF I have my doubts.

Interesting in that there are a number of GoM jobs posted at Rigzone.

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/521327/Temporary_Offshore_Engineer_SEE_REQUIREMENTS_BEFORE_APPLYING.asp

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/521327/Temporary_Offshore_Engineer_SEE_REQUIREMENTS_BEFORE_APPLYING.asp

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/363256/Senior_DPO_Advantage.asp

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/424743/Offshore_Vessel_Engineer.asp

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/426583/3rd_Engineer.asp

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/426583/3rd_Engineer.asp

http://www.rigzone.com/jobs/postings/301601/Sr_DPO_2nd_Mate.asp

do you mean the SIEM SPEARFISH?

Thanks for looking out for us bayou boys even though you think we are all retarded cousin fuckers

why should I care what your sexual predilections are?..before anything else we are all Americans first and then only after that, are we victorious righteous Yankees or defeated delusional Rebels

Thanks, POLAR QUEEN is owned by Reiber Shipping AS in Norway and I am sure is fully foreign manned. Any idea who they are working for? AKER perhaps?

[QUOTE=c.captain;153306]do you mean the SIEM SPEARFISH?

[/QUOTE]
The Swordfish is tied up in Slip A right now.

[QUOTE=water;153310]The Swordfish is tied up in Slip A right now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah ccaptn, that’s the one I meant. There’s another one called Swordfish that is foreign flagged but I’ve seen a lot. There’s a bunch of FF MPSVs that have been here a while, I’m sure at least some of them aren’t crewed by us. Look on MarineTraffic.com, I just looked on there and saw a bunch that weren’t US flagged (I’m not just talking about the Island Offshore/ECO boats, all the ones in the GoM are us crewed, I have friends on all of them)

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=c.captain;153306]do you mean the SIEM SPEARFISH?

why should I care what your sexual predilections are?..before anything else we are all Americans first and then only after that, are we victorious righteous Yankees or defeated delusional Rebels

Thanks, POLAR QUEEN is owned by Reiber Shipping AS in Norway and I am sure is fully foreign manned. Any idea who they are working for? AKER perhaps?[/QUOTE]

Haha well I’m from a Coogan/O’Brien family so my Irish ass wasnt here for that fight. I’m sure if it happened again the south would rule. I have more guns in my bedroom that most neighborhoods do up north, and one of those man-killing pit bulls too! Lol

The SIEM STINGRAY - currently working in the Atlantis Field.

Chartered by Subsea 7, From the conversations we have had, I can assure you it is not crewed by any Americans trying to work on their Norwegian accent…

The SIEM Swordfish and SIEM Spearfish are both in Fourchon. At one point they were tied up beside each other. Then you have the Icemax, Normond Flower and a number working out of Mobile and Galveston

I just read that Island Performer is headed to the U.S.

What about the DSV Adams Challenge? I see them in Fourchon regularly.

R/V Mainport Pine, its tied up at GIS dock in Fourchon. A Marshall Island flagged 2014 build

[QUOTE=GLMASailor;153332]What about the DSV Adams Challenge? I see them in Fourchon regularly.[/QUOTE]

they have been chartered to Epic Diving/Tetra for quite a few years now

anyone seen some of the Secunda vessels owned by McDermott? I believe they have foreign manning on them as opposed to the DB-50 which has US manning?

[QUOTE=captaint76;153331]I just read that Island Performer is headed to the U.S.[/QUOTE]

she will be American crewed from what I understand just like the HOS ACHIEVER and IRON HORSE

also is the ex GLOBAL ORION still in the GoM? she used to be American manned and hope she still is…

Working for ENI I know at times. Probably charters with others. I’ve seen they hang out out of Galveston.

[QUOTE=KrustySalt;153330]The SIEM Swordfish and SIEM Spearfish are both in Fourchon. At one point they were tied up beside each other. Then you have the Icemax, Normond Flower and a number working out of Mobile and Galveston[/QUOTE]

The SWORDFISH isn’t Siem anymore as she was purchased by Veolia just before they sold to Harkland but the SPEARFISH is still owned by Siem I believe.

One loophole that is very common is when a foreign vessel is time chartered, that if the vessel owner is more than 50% foreign owned they can keep the foreign manning without needing to seek US mariners based on a claim that an American manned ship would have the same access to their waters which we all know is not accurate. However, that is a separate fight at the moment for me. First is to get the foreign vessels that are more than 50% US owned to comply with the law of hiring US mariners as 33CFRpart141 mandates but which still after many years is not happening across the board.

[QUOTE=c.captain;153342]The SWORDFISH isn’t Siem anymore as she was purchased by Veolia just before they sold to Harkland but the SPEARFISH is still owned by Siem I believe.

One loophole that is very common is when a foreign vessel is time chartered, that if the vessel owner is more than 50% foreign owned they can keep the foreign manning without needing to seek US mariners based on a claim that an American manned ship would have the same access to their waters which we all know is not accurate. However, that is a separate fight at the moment for me. First is to get the foreign vessels that are more than 50% US owned to comply with the law of hiring US mariners as 33CFRpart141 mandates but which still after many years is not happening across the board.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way for us to vote or choose you to go talk to whatever suits you need to in order to address things like this? Like an association or union but soooo not like a union? Haha I’m serious though, can we set up something where we all (usmm and gcaptain members alike) to get the USCG or congressman to actually listen to us? Maybe Rob and the guys can help, hell I’d even donate some of this sweet GoM money I make

[QUOTE=bcoogan23;153345]Is there a way for us to vote or choose you to go talk to whatever suits you need to in order to address things like this? Like an association or union but soooo not like a union? Haha I’m serious though, can we set up something where we all (usmm and gcaptain members alike) to get the USCG or congressman to actually listen to us? Maybe Rob and the guys can help, hell I’d even donate some of this sweet GoM money I make[/QUOTE]

I have advocated here for a non affiliated American Professional Mariner’s Association for many years now and have downright begged John Konrad to be the face of it. With the strength of gCaptain.com and John’s background and credibility, it would be a powerhouse of influence. However all my entreaties to John have not found him willing to take the step which I admit would be a huge one to take as it would involve moving to Washingtoon and swimming in the septic tank that is our Nation’s capital. Maybe it isn’t such a bad idea to ask if Rob Almeida might consider it since he is already there and is an ambitious young man? In the end, I may have to become that person, but I too am not ready to ask for people to fork over their money to me. Maybe once I can deliver a victory in this matter, then I might have that to use as a platform to launch that very needed association, hang that shingle and beg for money from all my unwashed maritime brothers like yourself. Another reason why I wouldn’t be the best face of such an association is that I am eschewed by way too many in the industry. I guess I should shower every once in a while?