Question to all captain

what is the most important pillar in maritime field: MARPOL- STCW- SOLAS- MLC ?

Thank for your answer.

you are obviously mistaking us here for Brits…we are Americans for the most part and really don’t give a shit for international conventions. Brits thrive on them however and love to create more and more of them all the time to the disdain and cost to the rest of the world. You average ship now has at least 30 separate IMO mandated certificates most of which are meaningless nonsense but make buttloads of money for the class societies that issue them.

Thank for your answer.

you’re welcome…y’all come back now

I would suppose the mariner is the most important pillar.

Definitely the CMPI for large oceangoing US ships. It covers everything from coffee time to collar devices.

[QUOTE=UnRepKing;139780]Definitely the CMPI for large oceangoing US ships. It covers everything from coffee time to collar devices.[/QUOTE]

no no no! The most important pillar is that the front doesn’t fall off!

//youtu.be/8-QNAwUdHUQ

the key pillar is that any pillar can’t be cardboard and cardboard derivatives are all right out! No paper, string, cellotape or rubber either!

[QUOTE=stevo;139768]what is the most important pillar in maritime field: MARPOL- STCW- SOLAS- MLC ?

Thank for your answer.[/QUOTE]

Don’t mind c captain. He is just having a go because the threads have been a little slow lately.

The main convention that underpins most all is SOLAS.
The one that will get you in the most trouble is MARPOL.
The most useful one is COLREGS
The one that keeps you afloat is Loadline
The one that costs says show me the money is Tonnage
And the most expensive one is Marriage

OH BOSH! I must keep in practice with wielding the pointy stick so no one is immune regardless of the volume of ongoing traffic at the moment.

And the most expensive one is Marriage

How bout a certificate that proves the seamen on every ship are clean and free of the clap. It could be the IMPFVD (International Maritime Personnel Free of Venereal Disease) Cert. The cost to get one of those would be astronomical however and no shipowner would ever qualify.

Can you just picture a class surveyor asking each member of the crew to drop trou for a short arm inspection?

I don’t even want to think where C.Captain had to go to find THAT picture.

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;139794]I don’t even want to think where C.Captain had to go to find THAT picture.[/QUOTE]

piece o’ cake young man…just type in “short arm inspection” into google, go to images and presto the magnificent! same place I found this one

I wonder why our marine is so excited in this photo? Caption contest with a “major award” to the best one!

[QUOTE=c.captain;139790]

Can you just picture a class surveyor asking each member of the crew to drop trou for a short arm inspection?[/QUOTE]

For some of us, that would be a bit of a stretch.

Caption, “Alright everyone line up, we just got our new KP Cadet’”

…did I go too far?

[QUOTE=c.captain;139790]OH BOSH! I must keep in practice with wielding the pointy stick so no one is immune regardless of the volume of ongoing traffic at the moment.

How bout a certificate that proves the seamen on every ship are clean and free of the clap. It could be the IMPFVD (International Maritime Personnel Free of Venereal Disease) Cert. The cost to get one of those would be astronomical however and no shipowner would ever qualify.

?[/QUOTE]

I wonder if I could slip that one cert into the SMS …

LOL on your reply there . Made my day .

[QUOTE=c.captain;139805]

I wonder why our marine is so excited in this photo? Caption contest with a “major award” to the best one![/QUOTE]

Standard measuring contest in the oil patch used to determine who will be Master, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Captain.
Still in use today…

please send to 500 Steamboat Road …

And there’s a Major Award in it for somebody.

[QUOTE=c.captain;139805]piece o’ cake young man…just type in “short arm inspection” into google, go to images and presto the magnificent! same place I found this one

I wonder why our marine is so excited in this photo? Caption contest with a “major award” to the best one![/QUOTE]

This was the very first batch of applicants to the NI. Unfortunately, the NI was not as all mighty and powerful as it it is now. The NI did not charge any fees back then for a DP certificate, so pervs looking for free Double Penetration showed up looking for a hand out or a reach…

for this we use the width of the dick growing between the captains shoulder blades.

I think he was just selected to be the next KP Regimental Commander!

btw, isn’t that the skipper with Gilligan to his right wearing the beenie?

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;139821]And there’s a Major Award in it for somebody.[/QUOTE]

indeed there is…

//youtu.be/OMGnRayA_U8

an “indescribably beautiful” major award…from Italy!

Please can i have a serious answer

Restate you question in a way that makes more sense. It’s poorly worded and it presupposes that one “pillar” or whatever you want to call them, is more important than the others.