Question about AMO

I sent in my new applicant paperwork to AMO about a month ago and I have not been able to talk to anyone who can tell me: 1) If my paperwork was recieved. 2)What happens next. Can anyone tell me how long it should take to process my paper work and what I should expect next?

Good luck with those crooks

[QUOTE=Wardn145;41309]I sent in my new applicant paperwork to AMO … what I should expect next?[/QUOTE]

have you been reading the AMO pension thread on this site? Is that what you want to involve yourself in? Life is too short to waste time and money on “leadership” like that.

If I were you I would look at the real maritime unions.

When you’ve spent 2 years looking for work and you can’t even afford to put gas in your car you have to try every option. I’ve tried headhunters and searching myself for work and nothing yet. If have a better suggestion please let me know.

Your email went to their spam folder most likely.You’ll have to call dispatch and give them your email or tell them to check their spam. I had the same problem.

Thanks for letting me read this great post, keep it up.

I’m a recent AMO retiree. I’m not going get into the whole union/pension politics. I going to assume you are new to the business and that you’re on your original license. If you live fairly close to the union I would drive down and do everthing in person. If you don’t, get the forms and mail them. Recently (a couple months ago) the union currents section on their website was actively looking for new members. With the recent flood of retirees and new contracts coming thru they were anticipating a need for new members deck and eng. My advice is to call dispatch (800 345 3410) and ask for Robert Anderson. Call everyday until they receive them and once they received the paper work call eveyday to see if any jobs have come thru. Once they receive the application it shoud not be long until you are in the system. Don’t email. Talk to a voice. Don’t worry about being a pain in the ass. Don’t start listening to every negative comment. Find work first and sort the politics out for yourself later. At this stage of your career you should be trying to build up your resume. Throughout my career by preference I shipped rotary (thru dispatch) and hardly had problems they always kept me working. I can’t complain from that point. Good luck

I called AMO dispatch once looking for a job. The guy on the phone was rude. Anyway, after a couple of weeks of rejection i moved on a found a job. Funny thing later on ship i met an AMO member and he told me, oh yea, there looking for qualified people like mad, all the time. I see.