Professional maritime resume?

does anybody know of a company or individual that writes maritime resumes?

[QUOTE=rctaylor;41534]does anybody know of a company or individual that writes maritime resumes?[/QUOTE]

I could probably do it between painting projects and running the crane but I don’t come cheap…:)…Seriously, look on the web for examples , pick a format that you like and use it…

[QUOTE=Shellback;41554]I could probably do it between painting projects and running the crane but I don’t come cheap…:)…Seriously, look on the web for examples , pick a format that you like and use it…[/QUOTE]

WOW Shellback! They let you run the crane!! Soon they’ll let you blow the whistle! (hehehehe). (p.s. don’t forget to use a drop cloth.)

rctaylor; go here: http://www.maritimeemployment.com/employer/search_seaside.asp , select a resume type and get the flavor of what others include in their resumes. Then type one up using your own info. IMHO it’s really too easy and personal to pay a someone to do it.

thanks shellback - appreciate it - i think what i’m looking for, tho, is more of a description (specific verbage) of job duties and i couldnt find anything like that on the web…

thanks jeffrox - i’m gonna check it out…

jeffrox - that website link u sent is a great help - tks.

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;41563]WOW Shellback! They let you run the crane!! Soon they’ll let you blow the whistle! (hehehehe). (p.s. don’t forget to use a drop cloth.)

.[/QUOTE]

Hah! You know how it is Jeffrox… You bust your ass and learn the important stuff like the proper technique of the toilet brush, then move up to the paint brush, maybe if you are lucky enough you might pick up an Unlimited Mop Endorsement along the way…Before you know it your up in the wheel house where the pretty people live…:slight_smile:

Very nice post. This will help possible client to get a quality person.

Hi
As part of my graphic design business I do maritime resumes. My husband works offshore around the rigs in UAE, Australia and New Zealand and it became apparent there seems to be a bit of a lack of companies that fill this niche when his workmates started contacting me to create effective resumes for them.
If I can be of assistance in any way you can contact me on fatfergusdesigns@bigpond.com

Kim