Maritime Resume Writing Seervices

I would like to introduce Maritime Résumé Writing Services (MRWS).

MRWS specializes in writing résumés for professionals around the world in the maritime industry. We recognize that this industry has its own unique terminology and consequently the résumés can be fairly technical for individuals.

We have just launched our official website http://www.maritimeresumewriting.com/. The services we offer include résumé writing, application letters, and KSA’s/situation analysis. We also offer other important services to assist in marketing yourself effectively for example, business cards, personal websites, etc.

MRWS is a partnership between Stephen Young and Kim Fifield. Steve has 25 years experience in the maritime industry and holds a Masters Foreign Going Unlimited certificate with DP endorsements. He provides the technical expertise and knowledge to MRWS. Kim has completed a Résumé Writers Course, holds a Certificate IV in Graphic Design and has had 13 years experience in secret"luxi-sans-1" and administrative management positions.

For gCaptain members we would like to extend a [B]7% discount[/B] on all services. Please contact us with any queries you may have, our email address is maritimeresume@bigpond.com

Kind regards,

Kim

(Special thanks to Mikey for allowing me to post this :), it is much appreciated!)

I hope that [I]seervice[/I] includes speel cheeking …

:eek: I Know I couldn’t believe it when I saw the post!:o Unfortunately I was a bit stuck after I submitted the post as I had no idea how to edit or delete the post so I could rewrite the header. I do know how to spell “services” on any normal given day! :smiley:

Maybe I should just say it was an intentional play on words like “sea”-rvices or something! Or maybe I have just been in Australia too long and am writing how they talk! Would I get away with that? :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like you they won’t cut you much slack around here. I am thankful for your post though. This is just the kind of service that can benefit a lot of mariners. A lot of people have the credentials and experience, but not necessarily the writing skills needed to land an interview on their resume alone. Most deals in this industry are done because you were recommended or know someone in the right place. Having a well written resume may help some capable individuals beat that stigma and give them an opportunity. I hope you get some business from this site.

Thanks Capt. Lee :), your well wishes are most appreciated.

I deserved that response from Steamer :o I know many people in the maritime industry, and generally they are fantastic, down to earth sorts who are not in any way shy to point out such errors in order to give one a bit of stick! With good humor, I will endure any comments and hope that my fingers don’t loiter on the “e” on my keyboard in future!

The good news is that I have got two resumes, a KSA and a cover letter from members of this site to date. I will make sure I get testimonials from them once completed to ease the minds of any who may be dubious about my spelling skills. Résumés are an important document and I know myself I work hard on them to make sure they are the best they can be.

You must be trolling for copy editors … :smiley:

Using an accent on resume is no longer a requirement. The standard style books don’t even address it these days. But, if you are going to use an accent, either use it consistently or not at all because in this instance using two as in résumés really snags the reader’s attention when it should be elsewhere. Not using accents consistently on the same word in the same document, especially in the next paragraph is really a no no.

http://jiffyresumes.com

[B]JiffyResumes[/B] - “A low cost Resume Writing Service in United States whose goal is to get our clients hired. We do this by making sure their resume looks good, feels good, is properly structured, and most importantly, conveys the intended message effectively to the eyes of hiring managers, recruiters and resume reading software; by effectively portraying their best attributes, qualifications and skills.”

[QUOTE=“MRWS;45009”]Thanks Capt. Lee :), your well wishes are most appreciated.

I deserved that response from Steamer :o I know many people in the maritime industry, and generally they are fantastic, down to earth sorts who are not in any way shy to point out such errors in order to give one a bit of stick! With good humor, I will endure any comments and hope that my fingers don’t loiter on the “e” on my keyboard in future!

The good news is that I have got two resumes, a KSA and a cover letter from members of this site to date. I will make sure I get testimonials from them once completed to ease the minds of any who may be dubious about my spelling skills. Résumés are an important document and I know myself I work hard on them to make sure they are the best they can be.[/QUOTE]

I just came across this thread and thought it could use a bump. Has anyone used this company since this post?

Rubber, I used them about two months ago. Talk to Kim, very professional. She’ll send it to you via email in different formats if you have trouble opening the file like I did. I think she lives in New Zealand? So all communication will be done by email if you live in the states. Turn around time was about one week.

BTW I tried to send this by PM but it says your box is full. Might want to delete your inbox if that’s an option.

[QUOTE=“MFOWelectrician;117725”]

Rubber, I used them about two months ago. Talk to Kim, very professional. She’ll send it to you via email in different formats if you have trouble opening the file like I did. I think she lives in New Zealand? So all communication will be done by email if you live in the states. Turn around time was about one week.

BTW I tried to send this by PM but it says your box is full. Might want to delete your inbox if that’s an option.[/QUOTE]

Cool. I just cleaned my inbox out. Thanks!

Maritime Resume Writing Services is still operating and writing resumes (predominantly for clients in USA and AUS) in varying sectors of the industry. I took a break for a few months then built myself a new website in May this year (http://www.maritimeresumewriting.com) and have been really busy since which is great. If you have any queries send me an email (our new email is admin@maritimeresumewriting.com). Thanks :slight_smile:
Kim

This is a fantastic service and working with Kim was a pleasure. Hoping that I find that dream job now!

Bump. Added to meet minimal requirements for gCaptain.