President - Massachusetts Maritime Academy - Buzzards Bay, MA

The Massachusetts Maritime Academy (MMA) Board of Trustees welcomes submissions and expressions of interest for the position of president. The next president will succeed Rear Admiral Richard Gurnon, whose 36-year career at MMA was capped by a successful ten years at the helm of the Taylor’s Point …

More…

I nominate the esteemed c.captain of the mighty vessel ORCA!!

He will whip them into shape!

Yes and receive an honorary admirals title!

and launch a task force, using the TS Kennedy as flagship against the evil empire (aka USMMA). Once defeated, the grounds will be converted to a wooden ship restoration facility, where Kenneth R. Force will be remanded to bottom painting and bilge cleaning.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;156334]I nominate the esteemed c.captain of the mighty vessel ORCA!!

He will whip them into shape![/QUOTE]

I am honored to say the least…

• Updated - - -

make that indubitably honored but no admiral’s uniform for me. Too pompous…I’ll take a long wool convoy coat and a weatherbeaten high pressure hat that looks more like an old flat tire.

put that in your pipe and smoke it Admiral Goober Helis!

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;156344]and launch a task force, using the TS Kennedy as flagship against the evil empire (aka USMMA). Once defeated, the grounds will be converted to a wooden ship restoration facility, where Kenneth R. Force will be remanded to bottom painting and bilge cleaning.[/QUOTE]

DAMNED CAPITAL IDEA THERE LAD! You’ll have a place on my staff with such forward thinking such as that!

You guys beat me to it. My first thought when I saw the job posting was C.CAPTAIN!!!

[QUOTE=tugsailor;156364]You guys beat me to it. My first thought when I saw the job posting was C.CAPTAIN!!![/QUOTE]

you know I love you mugs for suggesting this but there is no way in hell any school would have me which is a sad pity because I believe the program I envision for training new maritime officers would not win the support of a single constituency. The entire premise of the officer cadet without responsibility or duties would go away and maritime officer trainees would sail in the capacity as an unlicensed seaman and earn for their efforts. They would learn not by observing but instead by doing. A trainee would go to school for six months first then to sea for six months, back to school for a year, back to sea for six months, then the final year and a half in school to finish.

Of course the SIU would howl and never allow this to every be enacted because it would mean all those jobs they have locked up.