Potty training to MSD toilet?

Has anyone potty trained their kid using an MSD toilet instead of a kiddy toilet? If so, any particular brand recommendations? I’m all for keeping my kid-related purchases boat-practical :slight_smile:

You’re kidding right? This does not belong on a site dedicated to professional mariners.

I have a toddler too, but I’m not on here asking for potty training tips!

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain

Sent from my SeaPhone using gCaptain

The scuttlebutt forum specifically states it’s for non-maritime and generally off topic discussion. I’m trying to see if I can buy something useful for my kid and my boat. I’m sorry this two line post, that you had every ability to ignore, presented such a waste of your time.

At first I thought this was another post about how to get the crew to actually make it INTO the bowl, or how to throw the used TP away into the garbage can instead of flushing it. How refreshing to see a totally innocuous question!

Personally… I would think you would scar a kid for life with the smell, the unusualness and the totally separate form of a chemical toilet. You do understand a type I or II MSD actually treats sewage, whereas a chemical toilet Type III simply masks the stuff until you dispose of it. You’re going to keep this in the house for training?

Come on swampfox… go throw some black oil around… You’ll feel better in no time!!! :slight_smile:

Thanks cappy :slight_smile:

I had a buddy that replaced the stinky usual head in his private boat with a composting head. No smell, and it seemed ridiculously easy to maintain. I actually didn’t mind visiting him and using it while there. I think that might be a lot easier for a kid to handle, too, since all they have to do is turn a handle to mix the No. 2 in with the rest of the compost. The No. 1 automatically gets separated and goes into its own container.

Good luck and try to steer your kids into being engineers! We need a hellavu lot more of them than us deckies!

[QUOTE=Swampfox;61817]You’re kidding right? This does not belong on a site dedicated to professional mariners.

I have a toddler too, but I’m not on here asking for potty training tips![/QUOTE]

[B]Lighten up,… just cuz you have a bidet w/macerator pump ; )[/B]

Capt Fran–thanks for the link, that composting head looks pretty slick!