Pirates

Vessels need to use high pressure air,some fuel source,an ignition source–in effect a flame thrower—Show flame while small boat is some distance away!!I gaurentee no one would want to board vessel!! no one wants to be burned!!! Should use some kind of angled smallarms shield(easily moveable!! I’m new to the comp. So if some of you guys know who to mention this to,Please do!!!No amount of money would make a person want to go thru a 50 OR 100 FT…bLAST OF FLAME!!!

Piracy in the Gulf of Aden.
I have, like many others watched the growing number of acts of piracy in and around Somalia. I have worked in the security industry, hostile/conflict areas of the world for the last 20 years. I have decided to try and help in my own way.
After talking to many seafarers and reading as much information as I could possibly find, I came up with an Idea and formed a company called http//www.over-watch.co.uk The company has only one job, place airborne security flights over areas such as the Gulf of Aden to give a large radar coverage of the area and pass on information to a base station, shipping and fly over vessels that look suspicious on the radar. Giving protection to shipping.
This gives the crew of the ships a massive heads up to any problems that they would not encounter until the first RPG came through the bulkhead. Finding out you may have a problem when it is 30, 40 or 50nm away is better than 500m’s. Giving your crew the time to speed up, evasive manoeuvres, fire hoses etc.
All the information that is gathered by the aircraft is downloaded to the base station and can be picked up before the vessel travels through the Gulf or sent via e mail straight to the vessel while it is underway. First hand information, including video and still pictures.
A deterent ? I think so. If your a pirate and have an aircraft flying overhead, I would have second thoughts on trying to board a ship. Knowing that the aircraft has most likely radioed the nearest naval vessel and an armed helicopter is going to be bearing down on them within minutes.
Armed security guards on your ships ? I moved away from the idea, nearly as fast as I thought and read about it. Knowing about the security teams for a number of years in my trade, in this situation I think it’s a disaster waiting to happen. The one question from the captain and his crews situation is this. What happens if your security detail open fire on pirates and LOOSE ?
What happens when the pirates get on board ? I hate to think.
Do I think I have a good idea, yes I do. Do I think it will work ? Yes, it is the same idea every Coast Guard Service has been doing with great effect for a number of years. Problem is not every coast has a Coast Guard.
Have I got any customers ? No. Interest ? Yes.
Why ? Because shipping companies still think that it is the problem of the goverments of the world to sort out and the navys of the world should supply a ship for every cargo, oil tanker and trawler.
In reality the US, UK, France, Russia, China and others will not be there for ever, they can’t afford to be. Even the navy has only so much to spend.
It has to come from the maritime industry, hand in hand with the security industry.
I am not in this because I like sailors. I am in this to make money, feed my family and have a good living. But that does not mean I have to charge the earth for my companies services, fare wage for a fare job. It also does not mean I don’t believe in what I am doing, because I do. Whole heartedly.
Look at the web site, drop me a line via the contact page. Tell me what you think. How you would do it, not do it.
Thank for reading this.
Johnb

The reason all these security firms are against firearms is because there services would no longer be needed. The end.

Oh by the way… the pirates have already been fired on and killed, so we can get past the idea of firing on and loosing the battle. What is worse? To fight and die or do nothing and die. To bad the Navy didn’t use rubber bullets or a tazer gun… What a joke to even think about non lethal means unless it is the easiest route to get the contract for providing security.

How about this: The company that is providing the security must have at least one personnel on board while transiting the area hired for. Now if your tactics fail to work your company is in the same boat literally.

Once again the outcome for US Sailors is now most likely death. I am 100% for evasive tactics and preparedness, but be prepared with lead not h2o or noise.

The first thing you need to understand is that as Americans we have not accepted the brainwashing of the our government and we know that our only protection is ourselves. The belief that your government will protect you is a false as the belief that your local police force can protect you.

If you look at all the police report files, the vast majority of them (if not all) are responses after the crime has occurred, the same is true with piracy.

Ask any one that has worked in or around prisons and they will tell you that all a prisoner has to do for the 24 hour day is plot against the guards, I equate unemployed pirates with prisoners in the same way, they have all the time in the world to come up with new ways to beat the system that is put in place after the fact in each case of piracy. In the latest incidence they were able to take a ship 800 hundred miles offshore their ability to plan is getting much more sophisticated and the responses must get much more deadly to have any deterrent effect at all.

In 1974 March 27 - President George Washington signed “an act to provide a naval armament.” By authorizing the construction of six frigates (what we would call “cruisers” today) the Third Congress in effect creates the U.S. Navy. [B]The immediate issue was the need to protect the large American merchant fleet from continuous and increasing attacks by the North African “Barbary pirate” states of Morocco, Algiers, Tunis, and Tripoli-[/B]as well as from aggressive high-seas practices of the British. The ships were designed by Mr. Joshua Humphreys, a Philadelphia Quaker and an innovative naval architect, and are to be built at six different cities. The contract for one of these ships, to be named USS CONSTITUTION, was given to Edmund Hartt’s shipyard in Boston, Massachusetts.

The US Navy was FOUNDED in order to protect the Merchant Ships I think they have forgotton that!
“projection of Power” BULLSHIT

In 1974 March 27 - President George Washington signed "

I did not know george washington was around in 1974, must be a new navy type of vessel,does the CONSTITUTION have nuclear sail power???

all in this very age of 1974 on march 27???

I must be behind the times