One month for renewal

I dropped my license renewal package off at Seattle REC 0n Feb. 19, 2009. This appears on the NMC web today,
“The credential you have applied for has been mailed to you on March 19, 2009. Please allow approximately 2-4 business days for U.S.P.S. 1st class mail delivery.”:smiley:
It was about 5 working days in MEB and 1 day in PQEB, the rest was in transit, etc.
Now praying the USPS doesn’t f-up.:eek:

WOW, That’s fantastic. Thumbs up to the NMC for getting their act together. As for the USPS they lost seven mortgage payments in one mailing of mine several years back :eek: :mad:. Never saw it again. Needless to say when I renewed my CG docs last year I sent them an overnight envelope with a prepaid self address overnight envelope enclosed. I never trust the USPS 1st class mail for anything that is important to me. I’m sure you will get yours though. :rolleyes:

I received my documents in the mail today. I was given my 1st medical waiver, “needs eyglasses and a spare pair, etc”, It’s on all 3 documents and thankfully only shows on the back of my License which is good seeing how it’s probably the last “suitable for framing” one I’ll get. Considering some of the other things I listed on my Physical/Medical Form, I received no other waivers; nothing earth-shattering on there just average stuff for a guy 54 and on a few meds, so don’t worry too much folks. No SS# on the MMD but there is a “Mariner Number”. The disappointing thing is that I lost 6 months of Licensed time by submitting early, I thought this sort of thing had been ironed out, oh well.:frowning: The license reads RADAR Observer but no date and the backassward language concerning RADAR is completely off the STCW. The STCW paragraps listed on the top of the STCW Cert are different, one is “A-WAV” whatever that is, I’ll have to look it up. I was instructed to sign the License and STCW and mail back the old MMD in the unstamped envelope provided.

You are doing better than I did. I dropped my package off on 25 Feb at REC NY and they took 2 days to mail it. I have been awaiting evaluator assignment since 3 March (28 days thus far).

Renewed in Boston 3/16 and my new license,STCW, MMD have been mailed out yesterday. 24 days Door to Door

Have a Safe Day
BMH

[quote=Steammaker;11227]Renewed in Boston 3/16 and my new license,STCW, MMD have been mailed out yesterday. 24 days Door to Door

Have a Safe Day
BMH[/quote]

Mine was mailed out yesterday as well, but I started well before you. My license spent more time waiting for an evaluator assignment than your entire license process. I wonder why your license was assigned an evaluator much more quickly than mine was. Mine was a raise in grade that didn’t require a medical review which should, in theory, spend less time being looked at.

The only thing I can think of is that it was expidited because it was going to expire soon, and since I could still sail on my CM license, it was put on the “back burner.”

I am going to write a post of my experience once I get my license in hand (I assume early next week).

JCA

PS, my last renewal (2 licenses), in 2006, took a grand total of 5 hours at the REC in Boston.

JCA,
My application included the following, Renew my MMD, Renew/Upgrade My 3A/E to 2nd A/E and renew STCW. If I remember correctly the Medical took the longest, around a week and a half, the PQEB took another week. One day - OK TO PRINT Next Day ISSUED. I was very surprised. I hear all these horror stories of 6-9 months for renewal. My Original wasnt due till Nov, so i figured i would get a head start. I was guessing at least 2-3 months. Overall Very Very Happy on how things went. Now im wondering about what we have to do about the NEW Merchant Mariner Credential.

Mine was pretty simple, add VSO to my STCW and upgrade from CM to Master. I had no medical review and no MMD renewal. I went from accepted to waiting to be assigned to an evaluator in a day or two and there it waited for about a month.

I don’t understand the inconsistancy here.

Most people who are waiting months and months are waiting on medical waivers, so that is something I can understand. Why a simple Raise in Grade application evaluation varies this much is confusing to me.

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;10776]I received my documents in the mail today. I was given my 1st medical waiver, “needs eyglasses and a spare pair, etc”, It’s on all 3 documents and thankfully only shows on the back of my License which is good seeing how it’s probably the last “suitable for framing” one I’ll get. Considering some of the other things I listed on my Physical/Medical Form, I received no other waivers; nothing earth-shattering on there just average stuff for a guy 54 and on a few meds, so don’t worry too much folks. No SS# on the MMD but there is a “Mariner Number”. The disappointing thing is that I lost 6 months of Licensed time by submitting early, I thought this sort of thing had been ironed out, oh well.:frowning: The license reads RADAR Observer but no date and the backassward language concerning RADAR is completely off the STCW. The STCW paragraps listed on the top of the STCW Cert are different, one is “A-WAV” whatever that is, I’ll have to look it up. I was instructed to sign the License and STCW and mail back the old MMD in the unstamped envelope provided.[/QUOTE]

Jeffrox:

You have to request delayed issuance, then they will hold issuing your credentials until closer to your expiration date.