OIM license Requirements?

Reading John’s book (which is awesome! BTW) I have a question. What are the licensing requirements for OIM and toolpusher? Are they licensed by the USCG or MMS? Do any of them have college degrees??

OIM’s are licensed by the USCG but not toolpushers and I have yet to meet anyone working on a rigfloor with a degree from anywhere other than Redneck High in Bumfuck, Lousiana (home of the fightin Dead Animals!). $800+M per new drillship but run by Bubba with his bottle of brown spit that sits on his desk like a trophy he is proud to show the world. Those of you who are marine officers on drillships or DP semis who have maritime degrees know all of this far too well. This is a subject which could get ugly if we dig into it any deeper.

As the man once said…“you’re either with em or you’re agin em” and as long as the Southern moron culture remains entrenched in all US drilling companies, you’ll have to be with em if you want to make the $$$ drilling pays.

[QUOTE=c.captain;48067]OIM’s are licensed by the USCG but not toolpushers and I have yet to meet anyone working on a rigfloor with a degree from anywhere other than Redneck High in Bumfuck, Lousiana (home of the fightin Dead Animals!). $800+M per new drillship but run by Bubba with his bottle of brown spit that sits on his desk like a trophy he is proud to show the world. Those of you who are marine officers on drillships or DP semis who have maritime degrees know all of this far too well. This is a subject which could get ugly if we dig into it any deeper.

As the man once said…“you’re either with em or you’re agin em” and as long as the Southern moron culture remains entrenched in all US drilling companies, you’ll have to be with em if you want to make the $$$ drilling pays.[/QUOTE]

WOW, looks like someone is pissed because us dumb rednecks from Louisiana can supervise people in his profession WITHOUT a degree. Not my fault you spent all that money on schooling and are still as educated as us dumb asses.hahahaha