Offshore Crisis, the 2020.... version

Just out of jail? C19 early release?

But they did.

Soā€¦ thanks for dropping byā€¦ butā€¦

Darn, you beat me to it. I was going to mention it was even a thread started by his protege, just to stir the pot for old times sakeā€¦

The pots around here are well stirredā€¦ plus Seagull doesnā€™t want any unnecessary chatter. Seems to think itā€™s important.

1 Like

Any thoughts on what will happen with Fouchon? I seem to remember a small town (Golden Meadow?) that survives on traffic violation fine revenueā€¦

1 Like

Welcome back c.capitan! Stay!

I was talking to a retired oil exec friend who was trying to make sense of the low oil prices via copious amounts of Scotch which in the past helped but now he was at a loss as to what could be done. He said," This thing is out of our control now, never seen anything like it. By God, itā€™s so bad that even if the oil companies started laying off congressmen and MPs I donā€™t think it would help."

3 Likes

Thanks for the inviteā€¦I could return on a limited basis for special commentary on what I consider very important topics but I am not going to be back to anywhere near where I was before. When I do make an appearance, I will be sure to bring refreshments.

4 Likes

Your commentary was always ā€˜specialā€™. I knew youā€™d be back. As a chief told me once when I ended up on the same ship as him again. ā€œF*#k me, the bad weeds always come back.ā€

2 Likes

c captain is like a bad rash you canā€™t get rid of!

Heā€™s OK. He at least has a sense of humor.

Cmon back Cā€™Captain, have been saving a chair for you on my patio. Your infinite and entertaining wisdom is missed. I sorta got a compliment the other day, from a young sailor that has followed this site for a few years. ā€œYou are almost like that Ccaptain guyā€. Told him no, we are not the same, but speak our piece and can relate to eachā€™s position. And yes, he makes me chuckle sometimes. That may be his intent more than you think.

1 Like

I would come back if the forum was anything like it was back in the old timey daze but it simply isnā€™t and I just donā€™t want to return to what it has become. As the man saysā€¦

good night and good luckā€¦

4 Likes

What does the future hold for offshore workers worldwide?:

It all runs in cycles. Feast or famine. This one is different from what Iā€™ve seen over the past 40 years. Many more opposing forces against the industry than were before.

1 Like

Itā€™s nice that the stockpile decreased a little bit but so did the price of WTI & Brent. Go figure.

Transocean is in trouble:

Not ALL offshore drilling contractors is in negative territory:

On the OSV side there are also some good news; first two of a total four PSV of Ulstein PX 121 design delivered to COSL: