NOAA physicals

I did a search and couldn’t find specific info on this. I am supposed to get a call to set me up for a physical shortly. Same as MSC? Better or worse? Or is it similar to the CG physical? Do I need six months worth of my one and only medication in hand when I report?

Thanks guys :cool:

NOAA physicals are far less restrictive as compared to MSC. If you can pass the USCG physical you should have no problem with NOAA. Don’t be like some people and show up after a night of drinking for your physical :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=catherder;104092]I did a search and couldn’t find specific info on this. I am supposed to get a call to set me up for a physical shortly. Same as MSC? Better or worse? Or is it similar to the CG physical? Do I need six months worth of my one and only medication in hand when I report?

Thanks guys :cool:[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the info !!

I was going to say something about having to do my favorite thing (NOT) Drop your pants and Cough, until I remembered that you are a Female. :eek:

Sorry, I just Could Not Help Myself. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope that everything works out and you get the job and enjoy the work once you get started.

It’s not bad. Includes dental as well. The most difficult thing was blowing hard enough into the tube. Apparently I had to be instructed in the proper technique.

[QUOTE=captmike;104145]It’s not bad. Includes dental as well. The most difficult thing was blowing hard enough into the tube. Apparently I had to be instructed in the proper technique.[/QUOTE]

Spirometry is a pain in the arse even for those of use who’ve had to do it before. I always feel like I’m gonna pass out at the end and the tech is yelling “keep blowing, keep blowing!” :slight_smile:

I was on the Asbestos monitoring program for awhile (in the Navy) and fortunately so far, I’m unscathed even with exposure. Knock on wood (rapping on my head)

Update

What to expect

-Fast beginning at 2100 the night before except for water

-On site: EKG, spirometry (blow in the machine), audiogram
-blood and urine samples for routine lab work (anemia, diabetes etc)
-PPD which needs to be checked in two days
-At-home stool sample check for occult blood (new one on me)
-Check of reflexes, eye exam

-Off site (you can walk this or drive): Dental exam (very brief, Class 1 or 2) bring any false choppers you may have
-Chest x-ray at nearby Sentara Hospital
-Drug screen (DOT five panel).(if you are from out of town they will get you a cab, it’s a lab several miles away).

No agility test. At least I wasn’t asked to do anything besides the usual “push against my hand” thing. No bend over touch toes or climb ladder w/50 lbs.

He didn’t check my BP (but that may have been an oversight.)

And everyone is friendly :slight_smile:

What do you mean about dental exam class 1 or 2. In the past I’ve just been asked “when was the last time you saw a dentist.” Recently, I’ve been asked for a “dental certificate.”

My Doctor was in her 20’s wearing a skirt that was shorter than her lab coat. She had long brown hair and long tan legs. After reviewing my file she turned to me and said “you have to quit masterbating.” I said why???
Cause I’m trying to give you a physical she say’s.

1 Like

[QUOTE=tugsailor;105246]What do you mean about dental exam class 1 or 2. In the past I’ve just been asked “when was the last time you saw a dentist.” Recently, I’ve been asked for a “dental certificate.”[/QUOTE]

That’s how the military grades it, either perfect or minor issues if I remember right. They use military medical forms.

Anyhoo the dentist did an exray of each side and he took a peek in my mouth and that was it; I was in and out of the place in 15 minutes.

[QUOTE=skycowboy;105249]My Doctor was in her 20’s wearing a skirt that was shorter than her lab coat. She had long brown hair and long tan legs. After reviewing my file she turned to me and said “you have to quit masterbating.” I said why???
Cause I’m trying to give you a physical she say’s.[/QUOTE]

I hope you don’t grab the wrong joystick while yer flyin; just sayin. :slight_smile: