NMC fixed the printer finally

(UPDATE) National Maritime Center Credential Production Delays Resolved

On April 7, 2023, the National Maritime Center (NMC) reported on technical difficulties with our credential production equipment. These equipment issues led to delays in issuing Merchant Mariner Credentials (MMCs).

These issues have been resolved, and we are pleased to announce that production and issuance times have returned to normal. Mariners who are approved to print can expect their credential to be produced and issued within 2-3 business days.

As always, mariners can expect to receive a status update e-mail at each stage of the application, including upon issuance of their credentials. To check your status and get the most up-to-date status information, use our online status tool, or contact us via Live Chat (scan the QR code below to open the chat website) or by calling 1-888-IASKNMC (427-5662).

If necessary, mariners can request expedited mailing of their MMC or medical certificate, which includes the ability to track the package. Full instructions detailing the expedited mailing process are provided on the NMC website.

For a complete list of important announcements, see the NMC Announcements on the NMC Home Page.

Sincerely,

/B. W. Clare/

Bradley W. Clare
Captain, U.S. Coast Guard Commanding Officer

3 Likes

Wish I had thought of this when I sent my renewal paperwork in for my Med Cert. I hear (not sure if true) that there are guys waiting on nearly 5-6 months for theirs in the mail.