Must have items in your sea bag

I agree, I used to fit just about everything in my purse. :smiley:

[quote=john;20520] For my first trip to a ship I wheel a Patagonia Rolling Duffel and have a Patanogia MCL bag on my back. Then I sling a messenger bag on my front with my laptop.

For subsequent trips I have a a Briggs and Riley wheelie [/quote]

Found in deepest darkest basement and to plagiarize some immortal lines, you were lucky! In addition to living in shoe box in middle oā€™ road, when I was a lad, I had to go to sea using a regular old suitcase. Never did us any harm.

Note a few homeward bounders holding one of the straps together.

Probably means surge protector multi plugā€¦I carry one because on some boats the bunk light or the writing desk only have two plug ins in the outletā€¦

reading material. if transoceanic, then proper plotting tools. my binocs. expensive sun glasses. sun block. eye patch & ear plugs. digital watch with backlight function: casio etc. flip flops.

as for luggage I choose a small black rolly cheapo suitcase, carry on size. my flights are global and I do not need to be stuck without my luggage. happens too often. plus big expenisive bags are better theft targets. easy to get 6 weeks kit in a small black rolly: Iā€™m not packing my tuxedo.

Richard, sounds like you are packing for a holiday and not a trip to seaā€¦:slight_smile:

What happened to steel toecap boots and boiler suit? Never needed sun blockā€¦Swarfega had more than one use.

definitely wear steel toes, way too heavy & bulky to pack.
flip flops for off watch (keep in outer pocket of suitcase, as these are good to put on during long haul and ultra long haul flights).
sun glasses, obviously.
sun block: Iā€™m a whiteboy, 'nuf said.
reading material: been stuck without and for me it is torture (work 8-12 hours per day, sleep 7, that still gives me 4-5 off.)
one boiler suit/coveralls in my black rolly suitcase: long sleeve for latitudes over 30 degrees, tropical for below 30 degrees. default is short sleeve for me.

oh yeah: black knit watch capā€¦ donā€™t leave home without it.

We are demoblizing from our latest job site and preparing for transit to the Big Apple, New York Harbor. Thereā€™s been a run in the sanitary stores as crew members leave for their time off. Fast, roomy, reliable and white is always fashionable.

Timberland makes some really nice boots now with titanium toes (as opposed to steel) that are way lighter - I think mine weigh 3 lbs. for the pair, so I just decided to pack them since theyā€™re not the most comfortable thing to fly inā€¦especially long flights.