Mistaken email from TWIC center -- in case this helps

Hey,

Cooling down from another Kafkaesque TWIC call center fiasco. Long and short of it is that if you got your original TWIC in one place, when you get your extended expiration date twic, they will send you an email that says the new card is ready in that place. Doesn’t matter where you ordered your new card, the email will list the old place.

When I got the email saying my card was waiting in SF (I’m in Seattle now), I called and dealt with the call center pricks, finally learning that was my card was, in fact, in Seattle. As it should be, its just that their automated email system spits out misinformation. Unsurprising somehow.

Hope this helps someone avoid having to wait on hold for eternity.

That will help save a lot of hassle for some people, so thanks for that.

Also, I learned that you can actually sign up for your extended OR five year renewal TWIC as a walk in, if the office isn’t busy. I did the phone merry-go-round only to find out that my colleague renewed his simply by walking in and being his usual charming self to the workers.

This was Norfolk. I can’t vouch for any other TWIC office.

I walked in in Seattle and it was fine. Probably a little bit of a gamble, but at least you can see how long the line is when you get there, unlike waiting on hold.

Spent the last four days at one hour each on hold to apply for Extended TWIC. I’m about to say F it and just renew for five. There has got to be a better way.

[QUOTE=jamtwo;103927]Spent the last four days at one hour each on hold to apply for Extended TWIC. I’m about to say F it and just renew for five. There has got to be a better way.[/QUOTE]
I got tired of being on hold a couple of months ago. I made an appointment on line for my local office as I was going to be in that area. The next day I walked in and out in less than 20 minutes for my 3 year card. Picked it up the next week.

[QUOTE=“catherder;103921”]That will help save a lot of hassle for some people, so thanks for that.

Also, I learned that you can actually sign up for your extended OR five year renewal TWIC as a walk in, if the office isn’t busy. I did the phone merry-go-round only to find out that my colleague renewed his simply by walking in and being his usual charming self to the workers.

This was Norfolk. I can’t vouch for any other TWIC office.[/QUOTE]

Walking in works in Honolulu too.

2 hours and 10 minutes on hold just yesterday, to do the 3 year extension. I would think that this is the most messed up government program but after reading how the vets are being screwed over by the VA, I’m gonna have to award the VA that trophy!

Thanks for advice, took 50 min. As a walk in in Portland Oregon.

In and out of the Mobile office in 24 mins for 5 year renewal.

[QUOTE=capbubba;103993]Thanks for advice, took 50 min. As a walk in in Portland Oregon.[/QUOTE]

Cool! Glad to help.

[QUOTE=jamtwo;103927]Spent the last four days at one hour each on hold to apply for Extended TWIC. I’m about to say F it and just renew for five. There has got to be a better way.[/QUOTE]

To have to listen to that endless happy muzak loop repeatedly interrupted with the “thank you for your patience…your call is very important to us” and “you will be assisted as soon as possible, please continue to hold” is a form of pure torture that the most cold hearted sadistic SS guard at Treblinka could never have ever come up with!

I can’t “Thank” from my iPhone or maybe I can but can’t figure it out. Have found myself wanting to scream at hold nonsense on TWIC “HELP LINE”.