Mcain

[QUOTE=seadog6608;149373]Yes, he acquited himself honorably as a POW, but the only reason he was a POW was because he was a crappy pilot. He was accepted into Navy aviation, despite being among the lowest in his class at USNA because of nepotism. Daddy was an admiral. That’s how he kept his wings despite two planes wrecked due to pilot error. He has become a self serving traitor in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

Huzzah brother! HUH ZAH!

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Jetryder223;149359]His Chinese name would be Wee Hong Dong[/QUOTE]

Not Wun Hung Lo?

[QUOTE=c.captain;149305]I don’t know about McAllister but in the case of my operation, you simply cannot get much smaller I believe (at least in gross annual receipts)…however I endeavor to persevere and continue to grow no matter how incrementally slowly.

btw, got a fine 92’ vessel presently in my sights for conversion to an uninspected 12pax prospect for SW Alaskan expeditions. Problem is she needs to be repowered…

anyone here want in with me?[/QUOTE]

Why do you need to repower? Is it some silly European engine with no parts support? Shit, even the Europeans are supporting the older American engines now. Anything can be rebuilt. Though a pair of John Deere 6090 engines at about 275hp each would be perfect for that thing. I think you could be into a pair for just under $60k. They’ll bolt up to the Twin Disc transmissions that the boat had better have to make it worth anything.

[QUOTE=87cr250r;149393]Why do you need to repower? Is it some silly European engine with no parts support? Shit, even the Europeans are supporting the older American engines now. Anything can be rebuilt. Though a pair of John Deere 6090 engines at about 275hp each would be perfect for that thing. I think you could be into a pair for just under $60k. They’ll bolt up to the Twin Disc transmissions that the boat had better have to make it worth anything.[/QUOTE]

No, she has her original direct reversible 1950 8 cylinder Fairbanks Morse model 31-8 1/2 but with a busted crank…been that way since 2007 and what caused NOAA to give the COBB to the Seattle Maritime Academy who is now selling her. FM nor anyone else has been able to concoct any type of replacement short of forging another so I am afraid that engine’s day is all over with.

Here’s what she sounded like in her day…

//youtu.be/-2ksTQGTlLA

My plan would include a running takeout 398 Cat with a 3:1 Cat gear for her but that requires M_O_N_E_Y!

Got any?

Exactly how many cast off vessels has Seattle Maritime Academy gone through now?..

Let’s see going back to the 1980’s I remember them having:

there was the ex steam powered USCG bouy tender TRIDENT

then there was the ex USGS vessel ROBERT GRAY

then there was that European supply boat ENDEAVOR or something like that

then there was the ex TAGOS vessel ASSERTIVE

now they have the ex Alaska ferry BARTLETT

and the ex 82’ USCG cutter MARITIME INSTRUCTOR

and the TAGOS vessel BOLD

[QUOTE=c.captain;149394]No, she has her original direct reversible 1950 8 cylinder Fairbanks Morse model 31-8 1/2 but with a busted crank…been that way since 2007 and what caused NOAA to give the COBB to the Seattle Maritime Academy who is now selling her. FM nor anyone else has been able to concoct any type of replacement short of forging another so I am afraid that engine’s day is all over with.

Here’s what she sounded like in her day…

//youtu.be/-2ksTQGTlLA

My plan would include a running takeout 398 Cat with a 3:1 Cat gear for her but that requires M_O_N_E_Y!

Got any?[/QUOTE]

Chrome crankshaft has a good reputation and could make your a replacement for less than an OE Fairbanks. You may even be able to get an iron cross stamped into it. I think these are the guys: http://www.ellwoodcrankshaftgroup.com/Default.aspx Been running one in an EMD for a few years now.

[QUOTE=87cr250r;149401]Chrome crankshaft has a good reputation and could make your a replacement for less than an OE Fairbanks. You may even be able to get an iron cross stamped into it. I think these are the guys: http://www.ellwoodcrankshaftgroup.com/Default.aspx Been running one in an EMD for a few years now.[/QUOTE]

GASP! I cannot even think of how much they would want to do that! I bet at least $150k!

I did locate a vessel with the identical engine up in British Columbia which could maybe a scrap candidate. Should she get cut up, the diesel from it might become available and the engine in the COBB restored but short of that happening, I don’t see how to get that Fairbanks in the COBB going again.

[QUOTE=lm1883;149419]I’d love to see how dirty McCain really is.[/QUOTE]

His campaign to gut the US merchant marine makes him dirty enough for me to consider him a traitor and sellout. He is a national disgrace and if such a thing is possible in a congress which has made a mockery of the institution, an insult to the concept of ethical governance.