Maritime security/ with AB Certifications

My question
is how do I go about getting into the Maritime Security I have my AB Unlimited/Radar Observer certificates are there any good anti-piracy Companies out there hiring for Entry-level personal who holds a MMC and I did have a TS clearance at one point I do have some training but the more I can get the better off I can be successful I see a lot UK companies but not to familiar with there hiring policy.

Regards
IowaHydrofoils USN (Ret)

[QUOTE=IowaHydrofoils;160941]My question
is how do I go about getting into the Maritime Security I have my AB Unlimited/Radar Observer certificates are there any good anti-piracy Companies out there hiring for Entry-level personal who holds a MMC and I did have a TS clearance at one point I do have some training but the more I can get the better off I can be successful I see a lot UK companies but not to familiar with there hiring policy.

Regards
IowaHydrofoils USN (Ret)[/QUOTE]

They prefer ex special forces or ex- LEO. Do you have that background at all?

You can try contacting these guys http://www.spectacserv.com/security-services.php#.VT_LJCFViko

A SWCC qualification might get you on too. But yeah, mainly SF, Ranger, SEAL, MARSOC, or former LEOs are what they look for.

[QUOTE=catherder;160945]They prefer ex special forces or ex- LEO. Do you have that background at all?

You can try contacting these guys http://www.spectacserv.com/security-services.php#.VT_LJCFViko[/QUOTE]

Thanks no I don’t have spec ops training
but this is strange I went to [I]www.[B]advanfort[/B].com[/I][I] in which I pulled from [/I][U]www.[B]privatemilitary[/B].[B]org [/B][/U][I]they are looking for Deck crew AB that’s the only company I see so far but after doing some research I did apply to advanfort to see if I could get on.

again thanks I will give Spectaserv a call

[/I]

My buddy is an ex-SEAL who does maritime security work. He said pretty much same as what has been written above. He did mention that his outfit had given a few ex-Firefighters a shot in the past, I guess because they brought some other valuable skills to the table i.e. lifesaving, firefighting, rescue skills, climbing and rope work, etc. Sounds like your ex-Navy? Have you tried contacting any of the major outfits?

[QUOTE=Slick Cam;160949]My buddy is an ex-SEAL who does maritime security work. He said pretty much same as what has been written above. He did mention that his outfit had given a few ex-Firefighters a shot in the past, I guess because they brought some other valuable skills to the table i.e. lifesaving, firefighting, rescue skills, climbing and rope work, etc. Sounds like your ex-Navy? Have you tried contacting any of the major outfits?[/QUOTE]

Yup UNS (Ret)
Ok what are some of major outfits? I can check them out

[QUOTE=Slick Cam;160949]My buddy is an ex-SEAL who does maritime security work. He said pretty much same as what has been written above. He did mention that his outfit had given a few ex-Firefighters a shot in the past, I guess because they brought some other valuable skills to the table i.e. lifesaving, firefighting, rescue skills, climbing and rope work, etc. Sounds like your ex-Navy? Have you tried contacting any of the major outfits?[/QUOTE]

Yup USN (Ret)
so do have any contacts for the major outfits?

I mean, damn, a Google search would pull them up instantly man…

Trident, Nexus, and a few others seem to lead the US industry. From what my buddy has said its not a hot job sector right now. US flag contracts winding down and all…

I have no personal contacts. Was just passing info along. Good luck in your job search.