Maritime industry in film, print and TV?

[QUOTE=87cr250r;89967]Hands down, the best depiction of the maritime industry in movie format, S.S Martha. It is a Danish film from the late 1960’s. I have a rip of it but it is in Danish and I am still trying to purchase a copy with English subtitles.[/QUOTE]

Oh MAN, I gotta get SS Marta. I have a neighbor who speaks fluent Danish. I just sent him the film’s trailer in an email saying “I can’t understand a single word, perhaps you can be of assistance.” He and his wife will love it. They are fun people. He may have even seen the movie as he lived in Denmark for a decade back in the 70’s.

[QUOTE=87cr250r;89967]And one of my favorite scenes[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is good hygiene to have clean hands when serving food.

I always liked “The Cruel Sea” with Jack Hawkins and Donald Sinden.

There are so many great novels and movies of the sea. Right now a powerful book by Jack London comes to mind. Can you ever forget Captain Wolf Larsen, Master of the Schooner [I]Ghost[/I], his hated brother Captain Death Larsen, the book, the movie, “The Sea Wolf.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjyEi14Lkuk

The Sand Pebbles is an great movie and is actually very accurate from an engineer’s standpoint. Watching the head Coolie get killed when the keyway in the jacking gear sheared after a build up of steam pressure due to a leaking steam stop is a bit more advanced than most film directors care to get when it comes to accuracy and knowledge. It also stars Steve McQueen. It has some very interesting political observations as well. “Hey, I just run the engine, all this is just look-see pidgy… You know, a show for the officers.”

[QUOTE=87cr250r;90133]The Sand Pebbles is an great movie and is actually very accurate from an engineer’s standpoint. Watching the head Coolie get killed when the keyway in the jacking gear sheared after a build up of steam pressure due to a leaking steam stop is a bit more advanced than most film directors care to get when it comes to accuracy and knowledge. It also stars Steve McQueen. It has some very interesting political observations as well. “Hey, I just run the engine, all this is just look-see pidgy… You know, a show for the officers.”[/QUOTE]

The book and movie are so superlative it’s difficult to find a proper adjective.

[I]Hello Engine - I’m Jack Holman[/I]

[I]Dam you flag - Dam all your flags[/I]

Steve McQueen was perfect for the part. Steve was a good mechanic in real life, his performance about the machinery seemed so natural, it was.
The part where Jack Holman shot and killed Po-han to end his torture was almost too much to handle, even for husky frisky me.
You are correct, 87cr250r, the movie works well on many different planes.

Mirabella V is a sloop-rigged super yacht launched in 2003. At an estimated cost of over US$50 million, she is the largest single-masted yacht ever built. Pump up the volume …

//youtu.be/i7dGFxyM_Aw

Type: sloop-rigged super yacht
Length: 75.2 m (247 ft)
Beam: 14.82 m (48.6 ft)
Height: 88.5 m (290 ft)
Draught: 10m (33 ft)
Installed power: 2100 rpm, 788 kW
Propulsion: 2 x 1,050 bhp
Speed: 14.5 knots
Range: 3,000 NM
Crew: 16 crew

B?n c?n mua [B] dcom 3g viettel[/B] thì liên h? mình :smiley: Có r?t nhi?u d? b?n ch?n, b?n vÃ*o http://dcom3g.biz xem nhé

Captain James Cook on PBS - Watch it - It’s excellent.