MARAD Commissions In-Depth Internal Review

if only my company had been the one hired to conduct this review…

it could have been my very life’s crowning achievement to set it alight…

such joyful pleasure to laugh maniacally as I would watch it all burn to ashes!

1 Like

I knew you wouldn’t be able to let this slide by…

Your company of one?

1 Like

why ever not?..it takes only one person to pour on gasoline and light a match

burn baby…BURN!

“…it takes only one person …”

If the “orange sphincter” really wants to do something to make America great, roto rooting MARAD would be a good place to start.

Since he is first and foremost a businessman, maybe one of his real estate firms could get a great deal on the USMMA property after he drains that swamp.

1 Like

The “Orange sphincter” is not the only one that can handle the world’ problem single handedly, apparently.

I bet you think the other one is named Bjørn, or is it Ole?

Well, no. But somebody by those names may be of that persuasion as well.

Well c.captain you got passed over this time.

The following releases have been communicated by the White House and the U.S. Maritime Administration:

Message from the White House:

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 21, 2017

President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts

President Donald J. Trump today announced his intent to nominate the following individuals to key positions in his Administration:

Mark H. Buzby of Virginia to be Administrator of the Maritime Administration, Department of Transportation. Rear Admiral Buzby is a retired Navy Rear Admiral whose career spanned 34 years, serving in at sea billets, primarily in cruisers and destroyers. He commanded the USS CARNEY (DDG 64), Destroyer Squadron Thirty-One, Surface Warfare Officers School Command, Joint Task Force Guantanamo, and the Military Sealift Command. He also held key positions on the Navy Staff, the Joint Staff, and several fleet staffs. He is a recipient of the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Bronze Star, and numerous other personal and unit awards. Buzby is a 1975 graduate of Admiral Farragut Academy, and a 1979 graduate of the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy. He holds Masters degrees from the U.S. Naval War College and Salve Regina University. Rear Admiral Buzby currently serves as President and CEO of the National Defense Transportation Association, and sits on the boards of several maritime industry related corporations. He and his wife Gina reside in Norfolk, Virginia.

Message from the U.S. Maritime Administration Executive Director:
The President today announced the intention to nominate Mark ‘Buz’ Buzby to be Maritime Administrator. RADM Buzby is a Kings Pointer who has worked closely with MARAD throughout his military and post-military career. Once confirmed by the Senate, he will be able to hit the ground running as Administrator.

Today’s announcement is an important first step. The White House will next have to formally submit his name to the Senate. The Senate will hold a confirmation hearing in committee. If everything goes smoothly, RADM Buzby could become our next Administrator in a few weeks. However, there are frequently delays in any nomination process, and if the Senate takes a summer recess it may be early fall before he can be confirmed.

Joel Szabat
Executive Director

DAMNED! wonder why I didn’t get it? perhaps all the shit I smeared all over the application? the selfie of my dick I attached? whipping it out and urinating on Elaine Chao’s Jimmy Choo’s?

anyway, at least we will have a surface admiral in charge at MarAd now and thank God in Heaven it isn’t another Matsuda imbecile!

1 Like

Yeah but he is military and a ring knocker. It is highly unlikely he will do anything to promote the American merchant marine or pull the plug on KP.

He will probably continue the argument that KP is needed to provide the Navy with trained officers … yeah, like the ones on the bridge of the Fitzgerald. He is one of those whom the new administration feels will help enhance what is described in the article linked here:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/oped/bs-ed-naval-graduation-20170605-story.html

It is time for civilian leadership in MARAD or probably even better, close the agency and replace it with a Merchant Marine Administration managed by maritime professionals with a stake in defending and promoting the US flag merchant marine.

1 Like

[quote=“Steamer, post:11, topic:45176”]
Yeah but he is military and a ring knocker. It is highly unlikely he will do anything to promote the American merchant marine or pull the plug on KP.

He will probably continue the argument that KP is needed to provide the Navy with trained officers … yeah, like the ones on the bridge of the Fitzgerald[/quote]

not disagreeing, I expect very little from him other that just what you say but compared to having another Chuck E. Matsuda in the job? I will just hope that Buzby doesn’t make things worse than they already are and just possibly does one or two things to make them better…we shall need to wait and see?

I expect that your expectations will be fulfilled.

I don’t think we have a snowball’s chance that the present course will be altered.