Lifeboatman or Lifeboatman (non-lifeboat equiped vessels) questions

I already have my AB, 500T NC Master, and MOTV and on my MMC in the STCW section it says: Proficiency in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats - limited (PSC - limited).

and for my National capacity it says: Lifeboatman - Limited to non-lifeboat equipped vessels.

Now here is my question. Does this mean I can not sail as an AB on a vessel with lifeboats? Would I have to sail as an OS? Will this affect me upgrading to a 1600T Oceans license once I take the remainder of the courses I need to apply for it?

I work on tugboats and none of those, save a few ATBs, have rescue boats or actual lifeboats. If I were ever to change direction and get a job on an OSV or a ship of some sort would I need the actual Lifeboatman class to sail as an AB or a mate?

Thanks in advance.

I sail as ab on tugs and I had to take the lifeboatman class for my ab to even be valid all
The paper work had to be sent in at once

JD Cavo, what is your opinion on this?

[QUOTE=Tugslasthitch;171695]I sail as ab on tugs and I had to take the lifeboatman class for my ab to even be valid all
The paper work had to be sent in at once[/QUOTE]

He has lifeboatman (limited to use on vessels without lifeboats).

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;171607]Does this mean I can not sail as an AB on a vessel with lifeboats? Would I have to sail as an OS?[/QUOTE]

Correct.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;171607]Will this affect me upgrading to a 1600T Oceans license once I take the remainder of the courses I need to apply for it?[/QUOTE]

AFAIK, you should be able to upgrade to 1600 with no problems.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;171607]If I were ever to change direction and get a job on an OSV or a ship of some sort would I need the actual Lifeboatman class to sail as an AB or a mate?[/QUOTE]

Ships, correct. Very few OSVs have lifeboats so you could get hired no problem, it might just limit how large a boat you get put on.

I always say get everything you possibly can so you are more marketable if you find yourself looking for work.