Leadership Class

Taking the Leadership class at MPT in February & wondering if anyone has taken it there & what to expect?

It was a long 5 days. Death by PowerPoint. Some good videos, usually out by 1500.

How bout Friday? Early out?

only if you don’t talk back to the teacher, and bring them an apple everyday :slight_smile: Yes, early out usually before 1500ish.

Yeah man. We had a review, skipped lunch, and finished up around 1330/1400.

[QUOTE=Tugted;177370]How bout Friday? Early out?[/QUOTE]

If getting out early on Friday is your most important criteria, the market doesn’t have much incentive to provide a engaging and informative course.

Did mine at TRL in san diego…to me it was like doing brm a couple years ago, but generalized a little because of the fact engineers are in the class as well. We had some time on a bridge simulator which was interesting, and there was plenty of sea stories to kill the monotony.

There is another great training center in Fort Lauderdale offering Leadership Management and many other gap closing courses. International Crew Training at ICTmaritime.com is a USCG approved training center. ICT is offering gap closing courses every month and has a fantastic training facility.

No just trying to figure out travel. I usually anticipate a full day, but some places you never know.

[QUOTE=ShipTrainer;177400]There is another great training center in Fort Lauderdale offering Leadership Management and many other gap closing courses. International Crew Training at ICTmaritime.com is a USCG approved training center. ICT is offering gap closing courses every month and has a fantastic training facility.[/QUOTE]

I considered ICT (a friend in yachting swears by them), but they only offer the course once a month, whereas MPT offers it EVERY week. Much easier to schedule .

You might want to check out Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy (MAMA) in Norfolk, VA, as they show LOTS of leadership and managerial courses on the schedule. Very flexible. http://www.mamatrains.com/