KUDOS to the REC staff that came to WV

A reliable source told me that the backlog is down to about 1100 files now. Kudos to the contract evaluators and all the people who came from the RECs to get the files out. Some of them are still there working this week which I believe is week number four. Do you see the irony here? The very people who were told they were incompetent and had the work taken away from them and their staffs cut at the REC were called to WV to bail Stalfort out when he got in over his head! Of course when those people go home the files will still pile up again and there is talk about bringing them back. The next time you talk to a REC, tell them “good job” and if the work was still at their REC this wouldn’t be such a f***ed up mess!
From what I heard the contract company is very unhappy because the government people are doing their work. Well if they would hire and train more people they would be able to get the work out. They are saying that when the file room is cleaned out there won’t be any lay-offs. Now where did I hear that before? If memory serves me correctly, right after they won the contract and we got all the files out they threw eleven good qualified people out on the street after those liars from the company came from D.C. looked us all in the eyes and told us there would be no lay-offs! That’s part of the reason they are in the mess they are in now.
The contract is a five year with renewal every year. I hope they lose it when it comes up in October. That won’t affect the contract employees because they will simply change companies and work for the new contractor.
They put Chuck Klingler who used to run PQEB as a GS-13 in the call center. The first time I ever saw them make a good decision. Now an active duty warrant officer is running things in his place. We will see if he is up to the job. And for the pinheads on the third floor, a big Bravo Zulu for a job NOT DONE!

This explains the record turnaround on my MMC… application for VSO endorsement was sent in July 14th to the Toledo REC and my new MMC was issued yesterday.

mine too!!

mailed application for VSO to NOLA REC on 6/25 and recieved new MMC on 7/29!!

may have kudoed too soon??

no where on my “new” MMC is GMDSS denoted…it was listed on my "old STCW certifcate…is GMDSS suppose be noted in the text of the new MMC document or is it now “implied”??

Does it list certification to STCW '95 A-IV/2? That is where GMDSS is located in the code.

captmrb,

page #4 notes: II/2; IV/2; VI/5

page #5-#6…nothing noted in the “capacity” section for GMDSS??

Try looking it up in the MMC verification tool. I’m pretty sure you are ok with that IV/2 endorsement but I’m not familiar enough with the new documents to be 100%.

[quote=seadawg;16362]may have kudoed too soon??

no where on my “new” MMC is GMDSS denoted…it was listed on my "old STCW certifcate…is GMDSS suppose be noted in the text of the new MMC document or is it now “implied”??[/quote]

In the limitation it should say “valid on vessels operating GMDSS”, it definately is supposed to be on there. I figured the way they pushed the files out the door there would be a lot of mistakes.

Tim

[quote=former contract evaluator;16369]In the limitation it should say “valid on vessels operating GMDSS”, it definitely is supposed to be on there. I figured the way they pushed the files out the door there would be a lot of mistakes.

Tim[/quote]

:mad:BAD…NMC…BAD:confused:

so what is the next step in dealing with this SNAFU…there are four abnormalities on the “new” document that don’t conform to my “old” documents:
(1) page#4 doesn’t include A-WAV in the “coding”… medical waiver for corrective lenses does however appear numerous other places in the new document.

(2) page#5 the “limitation” of "Limited to vessels of not more than 1600 Gross Registered Tons (Domestic Tonnage), 3000 Gross Tons (ITC Tonnage) appears twice,

(3) page#4 no where in the STCW “capacity/limitation” section is GMDSS noted,

(4) page#9 in “capacity/limitation” section wording that is for the "old MMD (z-card) has been changed and SD(FH) is omitted.

**my intentions are to notify via e-mail the NMC of the above and to schedule an appointment with REC asap.

PLEASE HELP!!
ANY ADVISE ON WHAT ELSE CAN OR NEEDS TO BE DONE!!
THANKING ALL IN ADVANCE!!

**Also how do I go about getting enumeration for my time and OOP expenses??:slight_smile:

Eh my MMC doesn’t have anything about corrective lenses either - but then again, neither did my license. If that’s the only thing wrong, I’m not going to worry about it - I always have extra contacts with me, as well as my glasses.

so what is the next step in dealing with this SNAFU…there are four abnormalities on the “new” document that don’t conform to my “old” documents:
(1) page#4 doesn’t include A-WAV in the “coding”… medical waiver for corrective lenses does however appear numerous other places in the new document.

(2) page#5 the “limitation” of "Limited to vessels of not more than 1600 Gross Registered Tons (Domestic Tonnage), 3000 Gross Tons (ITC Tonnage) appears twice,

(3) page#4 no where in the STCW “capacity/limitation” section is GMDSS noted,

(4) page#9 in “capacity/limitation” section wording that is for the "old MMD (z-card) has been changed and SD(FH) is omitted.

**my intentions are to notify via e-mail the NMC of the above and to schedule an appointment with REC asap.

PLEASE HELP!!
ANY ADVISE ON WHAT ELSE CAN OR NEEDS TO BE DONE!!
THANKING ALL IN ADVANCE!!

**Also how do I go about getting enumeration for my time and OOP expenses??:)[/quote]

If your uncorrected vision is more than 20/40 you should have the waiver in the code and “corrective lenses must be worn with a spare pair carried on board” in limitations. It is also supposed to be with the deck officer endorsement and It used to be on the MMD too, so I think it is supposed to be with the “any unlicensed deck rating includind AB”. Having said all that, they may not put it in all those places because everything is in one credential instead of on the MMD in your wallet and the license in a frame on the bulkhead. The way they keep changing things up there who the hell knows how it is supposed to read. You should have the "Stewards Dept, FH because you are entitled to it. I always taught my team to put it on even if you are C/E, suppose they pull your license because the QMED pumped oil over the side from the bilge, and they need a dishwasher in the galley, you can’t work in the galley without it so it could mean the difference between a paycheck or no paycheck. Take it with a grain of salt. As far as getting it fixed, good luck.

UPDATE…managed to make direct contact “my evaluator” on Monday…evaluator applogized for the mistake…advised that NMC will be reissuing my MMC and mailing it out this week…got the evaluator’s name, contact # and e-mail…we shall see??

FURTHER UPDATE…recieved my “corrected new MMC” in the mail on Saturday 8/8…appears to be correct this time…from Monday to Satuday is “fast tracked” enough for me…thanks NMC!!

All,
Got my MMC reissued with corrections…and a new issue date and a new number on the last page…guess from now on I use the reference number as my “license number”…I’m amazed that there is so little continuity being produced by their “new software”…Are there so many possible entries in a MMC that this couldn’t have been better orchestrated…
MTSKIER