Job Searching TIPS for new 3rd Assistant Engineer

Hello to everyone on this great forum.

I’ve been reading the gCaptain forums for weeks now and been keeping my own notes on companies that may/may not be hiring, personal opinions on each, etc. and was wondering if anyone has some advice for a recent graduate in searching for entry level USCR 3rd A.E. positions.

I am leading towards the O&G rigs for many reasons but am considering all options at this point. I have an excellent resume for someone just graduating from one of the Maritime Academies with regard to additional certifications, experience and recommendations from several Chief Engineers on my faculty.

I’m looking for any tips on search engines, job sites, etc. that I might have missed in order to get my ‘foot in the door’ and hopefully start getting some more attention from a company in hopes of beginning work ASAP.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Safe sailing to all of you,

Jeff

Moran Philadelphia needs at least one engineer if you are able to do your work without anyone having to tell you to go do stuff. That will give you experience as chief (only) engineer if you decide later to go elsewhere.

Which Academy?

Son…you have the world by the tail at this moment.

What do YOU want to do?

Go do it!