JaxPort to stop operating Mayport Ferry

Jacksonville Business Journal by Sarah Mueller & Michael ClintonDate: Monday, February 27, 2012, 1:16pm EST - Last Modified: Tuesday, February 28, 2012, 5:32pm EST

[U]http://www.bizjournals.com/jacksonville/news/2012/02/27/jaxport-to-stop-operating-mayport-ferry.html?ana=e_vert [/U]

[B]

Geeze, I hope the crews don’t get this through the grapevine…[/B]

man i loved that ferry, i always made a point of it when around the area to take the way home over it even if it was out of the way a bit, would occasionaly piss someone off when i got back to the truck at the last minute and hold up someone who wanted to get out quick. then again must be the salt in my blood that makes me run for the gunwale to take it all in and feel the engines strain.

Ah Man !! I would park my pick-up truck near the Mayport landing, take the ferry over to Fort George Island, there’s a great seafood restaurant within an easy walk from the ferry landing on 1A - great grouper and hush puppies. That’s been years ago., may not be there today the way the world spins.

nah its still there the old sand dollar, i remember i was walking the beach and found a giant hunk of wood must of been a half-foot across on the narrow end,later found out it was a damage control bung that went overboard from the base down river