Jaenichen Gets Nod for U.S. Maritime Administrator Post

Jaenichen Gets Nod for U.S. Maritime Administrator Post
BY MAREX

President Barack Obama has sent his official nominations for various posts to the U.S. Senate this week. Among these key appointments, he has nominated Paul Nathan Jaenichen, Sr., of Kentucky, to be the head of U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD), after David T. Matsuda resigned.

On June 4, Deputy Maritime Administrator Paul “Chip” Jaenichen was named Acting Maritime Administrator. Acting Maritime Administrator Jaenichen has been with the U.S. Department of Transportation’s Maritime Administration since July 2012 when he was appointed Deputy Maritime Administrator by President Obama.

Background

Captain Jaenichen was a career naval officer, retiring after serving 30 years as nuclear trained Submarine Officer in the U.S. Navy. His final assignment was as Deputy Chief of Legislative Affairs for the Department of the Navy from October 2010 to April 2012. He served as Commanding Officer of USS ALBANY (SSN 753) from September 1999 to June 2002 and as Commander, Submarine Squadron ELEVEN in San Diego, California from April 2007 to September 2008. His shore tours included assignments as Director, Submarine/Nuclear Officer Distribution where he was responsible for career progression and assignment of over 5200 officers; as Officer-in-Charge of Moored Training Ship 635, one of two nuclear powered training platforms in Charleston, South Carolina, where he was responsible for initial operational training and qualification of over 1200 officer and enlisted operators annually; and as Chief, European and North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Policy Division on the Joint Staff where he was responsible for military-to-military engagement on security cooperation and involvement in coalition operations with all 26 NATO member nations.

He earned a Bachelor of Science in Ocean Engineering from the United States Naval Academy and a Masters in Engineering Management from Old Dominion University. His personal military awards include the Defense Superior Service Medal, Legion of Merit (four awards), Meritorious Service Medal (three awards), Navy-Marine Corps Commendation Medal (five awards) and the Navy-Marine Corps Achievement Medal (two awards).

Now we have a Navee submariner at the helm of US merchant marine and maritime policy but thank XXXX’ing GOD that Matsuda is forever DEAD! Nobody can ever be as horrible a MarAd Administrator as he was!

Now let’s see if he and the new Secretary of Transportation (what’s the pipsqueak’s name?) do anything to stop our industry’s slow and steady slide into the great Abyss?

[QUOTE=c.captain;120261]Now we have a Navee submariner at the helm of US merchant marine and maritime policy but that FUCKING GOD that Matsuda is forever DEAD! Nobody can ever be as horrible a MarAd Administrator as he was!

Now let’s see if he and the new Secretary of Transportation (what’s the pipsqueak’s name?) do anything to stop our industry’s slow and steady slide into the great Abyss?[/QUOTE]

This is nothing new Paul Jaenichen has been running MARAD since at least December of last year when David Maysuda pretty much checked out. Also as I posted back in July, Paul Jaenichen was going to be made the MARAD Administrator as the current administration does not care about the maritime industry.

[QUOTE=c.captain;120261]Now we have a Navee submariner at the helm of US merchant marine and maritime policy but XXXXX! Nobody can ever be as horrible a MarAd Administrator as he was!

Now let’s see if he and the new Secretary of Transportation (what’s the pipsqueak’s name?) do anything to stop our industry’s slow and steady slide into the great Abyss?[/QUOTE]

C.captain you need to chill out we’ve had so many complaints about you lately. You can’t use language like this.

[QUOTE=Mikey;120278]C.captain you need to chill out we’ve had so many complaints about you lately. You can’t use language like this.[/QUOTE]

just my usual salty mariner language but I will abide…I know that your pointy stick is pointier than mine and I don’t need it poked at me very hard to feel the sting…

now, whoever complained about me, I just want to say that they can…oh, nevermind!

btw, was supposed to be “thank XXXX’ing GOD” not “that”…Matsuda can be called many things but a God is not one!