Jackson in Trouble

Jackson got their grocery budget cut to $12 per day per man. Is Holiday pay next? 401k? Stock? Pay?

Times are tough over there. I know several people at Jackson and they are all worried.

[QUOTE=waterdog321;151031]Jackson got their grocery budget cut to $12 per day per man. Is Holiday pay next? 401k? Stock? Pay?

Times are tough over there. I know several people at Jackson and they are all worried.[/QUOTE]

What was there grocery budget before? Doesn’t seem like that would help very much.

What at was the 401k match?

$12 a day? How can the captain steal money with such a low allowance?

I’d say anyone with a fleet in the GoM who is heavily leveraged today is in for a word of pain thru 2015. If too leveraged then their house may collapse. No reason for lenders to be very lenient…

In the GOM $18.00 t0 $22.00 a day depending on the company.

[QUOTE=Saltine;151314]What was there grocery budget before? Doesn’t seem like that would help very much.

What at was the 401k match?[/QUOTE]

Facts:

There is NO 401(k) of any kind.
The only health insurance available for family is $610/mo with dental.

Damn, from all the buzz, they were supposed to be all that, and a bag of chips. Larry Rigdon didn’t deliver on all promises? Color me shocked. Didn’t this outfit run the Chesty Puller and the Douglas MacArthur? Anyone with any experience down here would have run away screaming. Strictly bottom of the barrel. Remember them from working with Texaco. Shiver.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;151329]Facts:

There is NO 401(k) of any kind.
The only health insurance available for family is $610/mo with dental.[/QUOTE]

That was my point. How can he claim 401k may be cut next when they haven’t started one yet?

Seems to me that the original poster may not be employed there anymore. Or at a minimum doesnt know what he’s talking about.

[QUOTE=Saltine;151349]That was my point. How can he claim 401k may be cut next when they haven’t started one yet?

Seems to me that the original poster may not be employed there anymore. Or at a minimum doesnt know what he’s talking about.[/QUOTE]

Last 2 thoughts are plausible, but maybe it was a reasonable question because 401(k) match is the first thing HOS is cutting.

$12 dollars a day per man?! Shit, that’s pretty much what we get with everything booming. You won’t starve, but barely.

[QUOTE=captrob;151347]Damn, from all the buzz, they were supposed to be all that, and a bag of chips. Larry Rigdon didn’t deliver on all promises? Color me shocked. Didn’t this outfit run the Chesty Puller and the Douglas MacArthur? Anyone with any experience down here would have run away screaming. Strictly bottom of the barrel. Remember them from working with Texaco. Shiver.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes the first minority owned company which I remember in his interview with Workboat said his goal was to buy Tidewater.

[QUOTE=capitan1962;151358]Oh yes the first minority owned company which I remember in his interview with Workboat said his goal was to buy Tidewater.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt that quote, that’s pretty ambitious. Although several in senior management once worked at Tidewater. Just look at how many posts (1) the starter of this thread has. Seems to be a disgruntled employee. All of their boats still have long term contracts so it can’t be doom and gloom like he says.

Note: I do not work there.

[QUOTE=Saltine;151378]I highly doubt that quote, that’s pretty ambitious. Although several in senior management once worked at Tidewater. Just look at how many posts (1) the starter of this thread has. Seems to be a disgruntled employee. All of their boats still have long term contracts so it can’t be doom and gloom like he says.

Note: I do not work there.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it all you want to but he indeed said that. Not as if he was seriously thinking that would ever happen but indeed was said. Four Star Marine I believe was the name of his company. This has nothing to do with Larry Rigdon, the owner of the Douglas McArthur and Chesty Puller is being referred to here as per the quote. Most people here weren’t around when that operation was active.

[QUOTE=capitan1962;151447]Doubt it all you want to but he indeed said that. Not as if he was seriously thinking that would ever happen but indeed was said. Four Star Marine I believe was the name of his company. This has nothing to do with Larry Rigdon, the owner of the Douglas McArthur and Chesty Puller is being referred to here as per the quote. Most people here weren’t around when that operation was active.[/QUOTE]

I would like to see that quote. The original poster looked like he was stirring the pot because he either was fired or disciplined recently. How come he started a whole thread to say “his friends” were unhappy their or said they’re in a pinch?

I work for Jackson Offshore and can tell you nothing has been cut. Could it be…of course but I don’t see it at this time. As a matter of fact we’re just getting a better 401-K since we are getting enough employees to make it feasible.

[QUOTE=Capt.D;151966]I work for Jackson Offshore and can tell you nothing has been cut. Could it be…of course but I don’t see it at this time. As a matter of fact we’re just getting a better 401-K since we are getting enough employees to make it feasible.[/QUOTE]

Where is that big new build you guys just had come out working out of? I haven’t seen it in Fourchon yet. The big OSVs you guys have look good in renderings

That boat has been in Fourchon for at least three months. It’s called ‘Breeze.’ Big green boat with a rounded and enclosed bow. Works out of C-Port 1 and Slip B.

[QUOTE=captaint76;151975]That boat has been in Fourchon for at least three months. It’s called ‘Breeze.’ Big green boat with a rounded and enclosed bow. Works out of C-Port 1 and Slip B.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I guess I’ve just missed it. Looks pretty sweet from the pictures I’ve seen. Are they still on track for the other 2 big boats you guys have scheduled to be delivered this year?

I don’t work for them but they are building four total.

Still on track…I’m in Jacksonville now finishing up with boat 2…will be bringing it around in a few weeks.