It cannot get more ridiculous than this

in the love of humanity, why in the name of Jehovah would some uber rich slob pick an old tanker as a gigayacht"

[B]Austrian Company Unveils Tanker-Based Superyacht Concept[/B]

By Mike Schuler On December 8, 2014

An Austrian yacht design firm has unveiled a new superyacht concept for the uber rich that is based on the size and shape of a modern suezmax oil tanker.

The new yacht concept, developed by the company MOTION Code: BLUE and called “Imara”, will measure a staggering 280 meters long(or about 918 feet) with a hull shape based on the dimensions of a Suezmax tanker. According to the designers, this makes the design the world’s biggest yacht concept.

Suezmax’s can typically carry about 1 million barrels of oil and are named for being the largest oil tankers capable of transiting the Suez Canal fully laden. At around 160,000 deadweight tons, Suezmax’s can also burn anywhere from 30 to more than 60 tons of fuel per day, although any superyacht of this size and scope would certainly never be loaded to the same waterline as a laden crude oil tanker of the same dimensions.

According to a write-up of the concept in the magazine Charter World, the Imara comes will all the bells, whistles and toys you would expect out of a modern superyacht concept deserving of the world’s biggest title, but with some even more mind-boggling features, such as a four-story indoor ski slope with its own Austrian-themed après lodge.

The tanker-based concept may be biggest design yet from MOTION Code: BLUE, but the wildest design is up for debate. The company also just unveiled a 115 meter private submersible superyacht called the “Migaloo”.

If I had a couple hundred billion, I would buy an old assault carrier. A flight deck, a wet hanger big enough for a megayacht or two as skiffs and of course all the sooper kool weapons!

Now that would be a yacht to stop Roman Abromovich cold in his tracks but how to make it sexy to attract all the strippers?

Maybe this guy?

1 Like

Ahh yes, The Deacon skippering Old St. Joe’s supertanker. A top 5 Hopper role.

But there will always be Frank Booth from Blue Velvet…,

“Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!”

Great movie!

I could somewhat understand this concept if the idea was to buy an old rustbucket and convert it. In doing that you would probably save a whole buttload of money. However, from the sound of things, that is not the idea here. Maybe I’m wrong but the sense I got from it was that the idea was to build a tanker-like yacht from scratch. That’s where the idea REALLY falls apart. They have a name for tanker-sized yachts already, they’re called CRUISE SHIPS, and there are many, many shipyards around the world that are already very good at building them. If you want a 900-foot yacht, ok, fine, not my cup of tea but more power to you. WHY THEN WOULD YOU BUILD IT TO LOOK LIKE A TANKER AND SACRIFICE ALL THAT POTENTIAL BALCONY SPACE? The only possible thing I can think of is to use the deck as a runway for your equally extravagant private jet, but then the placement of the superstructure sort of negates that idea, or that’s what Nimitz-class carriers would look like (spoiler alert: THEY DON’T.)

[QUOTE=c.captain;149415] but how to make it sexy to attract all the strippers?

.[/QUOTE]

This is the only method that has/will ever work, with the exception of their drug of choice:

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;149453]I could somewhat understand this concept if the idea was to buy an old rustbucket and convert it. In doing that you would probably save a whole buttload of money. However, from the sound of things, that is not the idea here. Maybe I’m wrong but the sense I got from it was that the idea was to build a tanker-like yacht from scratch. That’s where the idea REALLY falls apart. They have a name for tanker-sized yachts already, they’re called CRUISE SHIPS, and there are many, many shipyards around the world that are already very good at building them. If you want a 900-foot yacht, ok, fine, not my cup of tea but more power to you. WHY THEN WOULD YOU BUILD IT TO LOOK LIKE A TANKER AND SACRIFICE ALL THAT POTENTIAL BALCONY SPACE? The only possible thing I can think of is to use the deck as a runway for your equally extravagant private jet, but then the placement of the superstructure sort of negates that idea, or that’s what Nimitz-class carriers would look like (spoiler alert: THEY DON’T.)[/QUOTE]

as I said…nothing gets more ridiculous that this BRILLIANT BRAIN FART!

[QUOTE=z-drive;149455]This is the only method that has/will ever work, with the exception of their drug of choice:[/QUOTE]

which immediately leads me to do what those Silicon Valley Billionaires wanted which is a flagless vessel which would be its own sovereign state upon the international waters of the world with no banking transparency, no prohibition on any form of drugs used aboard. any and all weapons the owner could afford to buy…the possibilities are endless…

except when people try to return to the rest of the world or if the ship must be drydocked for repairs. I guess in that case, you buy yourself a small island government to simply look the other way. Build your own shipyard there under an extinct volcano and you are off to the races!

you know, I might be onto something here my business can capitalize on! Anyone who knows one of the gigarich who wants something like this, give em my number. There’ll be a C note in it for ya.

It’s all just a wanker with a graphic design program and too much time …

Point of a yacht is to go nice places, eat, drink, swim, sun, impress friends, do business deals, be private, get laid and such…not to hang out at Fujairah Anchorage.

But then again, anyone designing tanker yachts doesn’t know any billionaires.

The sad thing is that this made any form of news. In our interconnected state we must learn to ignore the ridiculous. Remember in this new world that hits = profits. Come up with a ridiculous plan, get ridiculous hits, make ridiculous profits. This is a movie reference… Nobody is going to get it so. Study high, take test high, get high scores!

A yacht design firm from a landlocked country? :smiley:

Floating drydock solves that problem.

About someone’s post regarding loosing balcony area, looking at the picture, if the ship could ballast down the windows (in the white hull) could be underwater part of the time. Some eco-tourist/nature types would enjoy that sort of thing.

now this fine wet dream megayacht rears its head

[B]Xhibitionist is the Batmobile of the high seas
[/B]

Megayacht designed by Eduard Gray is sleek, futuristic and expensive at $25M

December 11, 2014 by David Strege

The Xhibitionist looks like the Batmobile at first glance. Photo from Gray Design

At first glance, one might surmise that the above photo is the latest Batmobile that Ben Affleck will be chasing the bad guys in during the next “Batman” movie.

Sleek, futuristic, fast.

It is indeed sleek, futuristic and fast (or at least it looks fast), but it is not a car. Rather, it is a very expensive yacht, one that we could actually envision James Bond tooling around in.

The Xhibitionist is a $25 million, 246-foot megayacht designed by Sweden-based Eduard Gray that Gray Design describes as “Batmobile-esque.” Some are calling it the Batmobile of the high seas, though it’s definitely 007-ish, too.

“A common first reaction, it has to be said, is just that…‘it looks like a car,’” the Gray Design website says. “Indeed, Batman has been mentioned a few times, too.”
Xhibitionist

The Xhibitionist can be yours for $25 million. Photo from Gray Design

The Xhibitionist features a helipad that can accommodate three helicopters or serve as a stage for a concert. It has a viewing window “Jacques Cousteau himself would have approved.” It has eight rooms, a showroom space, and Jacuzzis. It has a matching, swanky vehicle for onshore driving.

And don’t forget the Steinway piano in the lounge.

The yacht has been described as Batmobile-esque. Photo from Gray Design

“The Xhibitionist is partly inspired by traditions as old as seafaring itself,” the website says. “The desire to rekindle some of those traditions in an ultra-modern setting has resulted in, not only, the creation of a jaw-dropping superyacht, but the creation of a veritable entity that has almost developed a personality of its own.

“As much thought has gone into the conception of this vessel in terms of its viability as has gone into the actual structural design itself. It is, quite simply, a masterful blend of style, purpose and efficiency.”

Yeah, all of that. And much more.

So, any buyers out there for the Xhibitionist?

The Xhibitionist has a helipad that can accommodate three helicopters. Photo from Gray Design

It looks like a swanky hotel lobby inside. Photo from Gray Design

One can turn the Xhibitionist into a showroom of cars if one desires. Photo from Gray Design
vehicle

The ship comes with a matching vehicle. Photo from Gray Design

for the love of God…is there anyone out there who still doesn’t believe the mega rich have too much money?

I’d still take John Wayne’s old Wild Goose over that ostentatious floating spaceship.

[QUOTE=salt’n steel;149785]I’d still take John Wayne’s old Wild Goose over that ostentatious floating spaceship.[/QUOTE]

good on you my friend…any man who would have an old wooden minesweeper as his yacht when he could have a Burger or Feadship or such is a man I sing highest praises for…

notice the background shoreline? yes, the NW coast of mountains covered with timber…real mariners country as opposed to a mudhole!

1 Like

The Wild Goose crewed by Nordic female nymphomaniacs would be my ultimate fantasy.

I’ll take that [I]Wild Goose.[/I]

The futuristic Bat Boat is just another wankers’ wet dream, a mo-ron with a graphic design program and waaaay to much time on his hands.

They might as well put it in the fantasy pages of [I]Popular Mechanics[/I] ’ cuz no one is building it and the first time this fantasy la la pirogue buries the bow, those fender covers are comin off.

Yup, it dont solve any worlds problems, but god damn… it looks awesome. On the other hand, how you gonna accomodate such a thing? Maybe I would use it as a big cruise ship and keep selling tickets for party. On the other hand, can you imagine if the yacht would be as bad as this thing? How you gonna repair the whole tanker? :smiley: Btw, sorry for bumping in the old thread. I got here by other link and didnt noticed the date.

Why are people bumping old threads?

Because it’s hard to tell the difference.