Internships/Part Time Jobs

Hello all,

I just recently started the MS ITM Licensee program at SUNY Maritime. I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice as to how to obtain an internship or part time work in the industry while completing my degree? I am mainly looking to gain as much experience as I can while in the program in order to be well prepared and employable when I graduate. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Thank you!

[QUOTE=d.pino;133182]Hello all,

I just recently started the MS ITM Licensee program at SUNY Maritime. I was wondering if anybody could give me some advice as to how to obtain an internship or part time work in the industry while completing my degree? I am mainly looking to gain as much experience as I can while in the program in order to be well prepared and employable when I graduate. Any advice at all would be appreciated. Thank you![/QUOTE]

There’s a whole faculty in the grad program who could answer that question. You’ll have to give them some idea about your future plans. There is a difference between being a ship driver and a ship broker, etc.

If you have to fill up a lot of the prerequisites, you are probably too early in seeking any sort of internship.

you need to speak to some one in the MT department "CAPT Eric Johansson,Walter Nadolny, etc alot of people from the MT can provide you with the best information you need .