Indonesian Navy Sub Missing off Bali

Wow, didn’t know that.

FWIW, level of salinity and speed of sound are both recorded prior to conducting hydrographic surveys as they affect precision.

TCD we called it, temperature - conductivity -depth. From those 3 data points we would calculate speed of sound at different depths.

One of the subs we built for the Russians was used for analyzing all the characteristics and even optical properties of a very small volume of seawater in the water column between the surface and some particular depth. I suspect a lot of that research was for antisubmarine warfare purposes.

Like I said earlier, there are people who know exactly what happened to that boat. It’s just not in their interest to talk about it.

Having spent time in the Persian Gulf doing exactly that and bringing up bottom samples for analysis, I can confirm your suspicions. All of those factors are taken into consideration prior to launching ICBMs from submerged boomers.

Analyzing the imploding sounds generated by a sinking tug. Imploding sounds can sometimes be heard for hours. This is due to separate compartments weakening and imploding, also trapped air pockets, at different moments in time. Creepy.

To the right of the video you will find other interesting videos of this author.

1 Like