I'll Be Bold And Say I'm From Here

Didn’t really get into this other then the money and time off. Not totally sure I like it, and wished I would have known more about the other schools before attending GLMA. Seems to have been a good school for the price, would have liked an Engineering Degree instead of a Business Degree.

If you all have any questions ask.

[quote=greezmky;22497]Didn’t really get into this other then the money and time off. Not totally sure I like it, and wished I would have known more about the other schools before attending GLMA. Seems to have been a good school for the price, would have liked an Engineering Degree instead of a Business Degree.

If you all have any questions ask.[/quote]

Not to be ripping on you, but you could have researched the “other” academies before signing the paper work. Doesn’t Ferris State offer the engineering degree?

Well - I’ll be bold as well and say “I’m going there.” Was accepted in October, just ordered the uniforms, will probably start looking for a place to live in the spring…

I spent a lot of time looking at all of the various schools, to include visiting TAMUG - and since I am a non-traditional student, GLMA seems to be the perfect fit. Enjoyed my visit in the fall, and love the TC area.

In the interest of full disclosure - I am from MI originally, but further south around Kalamazoo.

I am greatly looking forward to Aug 2010…not naive, nothing is perfect, but having spent the better part of a year talking and visiting with other schools, I’m pretty happy with my choice going in…

I guess, if I have an update, I’ll let you know in Sep of 2010…

SJK SENDS

P.S. Looking to rent vice buy, so if you have any leads on property management companies, I’d be happy to hear about them…

No offense taken. I was totally unaware of the shipping industry and did not know that others existed. I have learned a lot and mostly was bummed from the ROS job I was working when posted. I do wish I had More in depth schooling but it is what it is and I have a job so… Matter of a fact I am leaving now to board a vessel in Singapore so I hope I like sailing deep sea better then the ROS gig.

You guys made a great choice in academy, GLMA has a lot less bull to put up with (although it might seem like a lot). The staff is great just be sure to follow the rules and not piss anyone off. I graduated from GLMA and I am very proud of the time that I spent at GLMA.

What do you mean “less bull”?

Jon, he means that people do not scream at you and call you a plebe. It is not an academy where they treat you like you are in boot camp. It is an excellent maritime academy that affords you the same education as other academies without the militaristic atmosphere.

Hello everyone… I have a quick question I apologize in advance if it is a stupid one. Is GLMA difficult to get into?

No. All of the state academies are relatively easy to get into. Only KP is difficult to get into.