I know nothing, enlighten me

Deleted by author.

There is only one way to ascertain the information you are requesting and that is to read everything you can on this website. Every thread. Every post. Every category. Every sub-category… everything!!! It would be safe to say that after this you shall be “enlightened”. Godspeed.

Beer and popcorn. I’m staying out of this one. I just wanted to let C.Captain, Sweat-n-Grease, Fraqrat, and whoever else know that I would be watching with great anticipation and enthusiasm.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;105067]Beer and popcorn. I’m staying out of this one. I just wanted to let C.Captain, Sweat-n-Grease, Fraqrat, and whoever else know that I would be watching with great anticipation and enthusiasm. Was it something we said Paddy?

Well dammit he walked off the field before we started the match. I’m at home right now so I’m in a fairly good mood. I was actually leaning toward helping the fella out. Since he put the pin back in the grenade I guess he found what he was looking for. That search function is something else when wielded properly.

Ah come on what did he ask

[QUOTE=kfj;105074]Ah come on what did he ask[/QUOTE]

fuck if I know…I was on the DP desk for an hour only to come back to find this great mystery here

damned, now I want to know what the young man asked although I know of a new way now to fuck with people’s heads…

…psyche!

It was something along the lines of “what can I expect from this career field”, “what is it like on a boat”, “how do I get on a oil tanker”. He wrapped it up by saying he was ready for enlightenment regardless of the shitstorm his broad questions would create!

How can you know what its like to jump out of a plane until you do it for the first time? I’ve never done it myself but I have a strong inkling that the feeling is indescribable. Anything so unique, merchant shipping for example, is done no justice by the likes of these fiddly damn things we call “words”. The kid’s gotta pop his cherry eventually… Either that or stop talking about it!

[QUOTE=Capt Ryan;105077]It was something along the lines of “what can I expect from this career field”, “what is it like on a boat”, “how do I get on a oil tanker”. He wrapped it up by saying he was ready for enlightenment regardless of the shitstorm his broad questions would create![/QUOTE]

In my own brief defense here, it was a little more specific than that. I had narrowed it down to actually answerable questions (to an extent). Regardless, I got out while I could. Sorry for the blown game gents, maybe next year.
Cheers.

[QUOTE=JamesJim;105084]In my own brief defense here, it was a little more specific than that. I had narrowed it down to actually answerable questions (to an extent). Regardless, I got out while I could. Sorry for the blown game gents, maybe next year.
Cheers.[/QUOTE]

Aw hell just go down to the docks, get on a ship, and shut up about it already! Come back and tell us what it was like instead of asking us what the exciting life of a modern merchant seaman is like!

[QUOTE=JamesJim;105064]Deleted by author.[/QUOTE]

And It is precisely for this reason that the title is appropo!

Press: Ctrl, Alt, Del all together, twice.

[QUOTE=cappy208;105092]Press: Ctrl, Alt, Del all together, twice.[/QUOTE]

If we all do that at once will it cause the internets to explode in a mighty cataclysm? That’ll be cool if it did but I’d have nothing to do one the bridge at 2am which would SUCK!