What comes next?

Let me start by saying that this isn’t as much of thread as it is an observation about the Gcaptain forums. In a nutshell it’s awesome, and I am not using that word lightly.

I am part of trade that existed for centuries, into millennia. I have thirty years of time and tide in my wake. Twenty years ago, I would have told you I know everything I needed to know, but with time and wisdom I have come to realize how much more there is left to learn. I have seen a lot, but more importantly, shared a lot with those with whom I have I have sailed. Conversation is invaluable, whether on a long lonely watch, or on the back deck waiting for the next job. It’s how news, opinions and insight into what we do are shared. It’s how we grow not just as mariners, but as human beings.

That said, I have found also through time and wisdom, that it takes a special mindset to do what do. Long stretches of time away from home and family, in an often unforgiving and dangerous environment, breeds a unique introspection for the willing. Our thought process is different from the land crabs, and we are quick to share and evolve our ideas amongst our peers. I can’t tell you how many of the worlds problems I’ve seen solved amid conversations between three or four sailors. If you can throw a few beers into the mix, there is nothing we can’t solve. Funny how most of [I]those[/I] solutions are usually forgotten the next day.

The Internet has changed everything. For the first time in history, information is being exchanged at rate and volume never before imagined. Conversations between three or four sailors have now exploded to an unimaginable scale, often at real time. We know who’s hiring and firing, who is safe and who is dangerous. Fears, hopes and revelations are only a click away.

I’m still new to Gcaptain, but I am an instant fan. Where some people might see rants or random thoughts, I see a new power emerging. Use it well, and I can’t wait to see what comes next.

[QUOTE=Sea Opus;102236]I’m still new to Gcaptain, but I am an instant fan. Where some people might see rants or random thoughts, I see a new power emerging. Use it well, and I can’t wait to see what comes next.[/QUOTE]

If ranting leads to power then I am on my way to becoming Master of the Universe!

ALL UNWASHED KNAVES ARE TO KNEEL BEFORE THE GREAT ZOD!

that goes for you too TMACadet1…

TMACadet1? Come in TMACadet1 and report your location?

you say he’s in his room having a personal pleasure moment with a copy of the A&M Corp of Cadet regulations eh? Obviously, the electrocution therapy isn’t working…we’ll have to try a much higher voltage next time.

See to it Fraq…wouldjya?

[QUOTE=Sea Opus;102236]
I am part of trade that existed for centuries, into millennia.[/QUOTE]

Hookers are welcome here too, watch out for the land crabs though.

[QUOTE=c.captain;102239]If ranting leads to power then I am on my way to becoming Master of the Universe!

ALL KNEEL BEFORE THEE! UNWASHED NAVES! [/QUOTE]

Welcome Sea Opus ~
Please be circumspect, a few of us are getting over [ATTACH]3126[/ATTACH]

I told them to set their phasers on stun!

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;102250]I told them to set their phasers on stun![/QUOTE]

[ATTACH]3129[/ATTACH]

Welcome aboard

[QUOTE=Too bad steam is gone;102263]Welcome aboard[/QUOTE]

Hey I can see my house from up here!

Gotcha covered Cap!

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;102269]Gotcha covered Cap![/QUOTE]

WHAT !!
The ship departed yesterday?

[ATTACH]3131[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=c.captain;102268]Hey I can see my house from up here!

[/QUOTE]

Sir, you may be in bad do do.

[ATTACH]3132[/ATTACH] I’ve always been more of a JTK guy.

[QUOTE=Sea Opus;102279][ATTACH]3132[/ATTACH] I’ve always been more of a JTK guy.[/QUOTE]

I’m sorry to hear that because in recent years we have come to discover that JTK was really a closeted queer! Don’t let the sight of him swapping tongue with nubile alien women in goddess dresses held on only by adhesive fool you. Billy Boy Shatner most definitely played for the boy on boy team as witnessed by overly tight pants and shirts, and high heeled boots! In his dressing trailer they would say he used to listen to Judy Garland belting out showtunes and he’d be belting them out right along with her in his wonderful falsetto voice!

I have proof! RIGHT HERE!

//youtu.be/ql8KzgSdgVM

Now Opus I have to ask if you still think this forum is to end all?

Indeed we all need to ask what does in fact, come next? God help the poor sod who actually finds out!

Ill drink to that sir! I’m giving this bottle 110% Captain!

That is wrong on so many levels… but funny. Embrace the power!

[QUOTE=c.captain;102283]I’m sorry to hear that because we have come to discover that JTK was a closeted queer. Don’t let the nubile alien women in goddess dresses held on only by adhesive fool you. Billy Boy Shatner most definitely played for boy on boy team as witnessed by overly tight pants and shirts, and high heeled boots! In his dressing trailer they would say he used to listen to Judy Garland belting out showtunes and he’d be belting them out right along with her in his wonderful aria voice!

I have proof!

Now Opus I have to ask if you still think this forum is to end all?

Indeed we all need to ask what does in fact, come next?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sea Opus;102290]That is wrong on so many levels… but funny. Embrace the power![/QUOTE]

Not to fret, Sea Opus, c. captain is a wuss (shoot, I never could spell that word!)

[QUOTE=Sweat-n-Grease;102292]Not to fret, Sea Opus, c. captain is a wuss (shoot, I never could spell that word!)[/QUOTE]

Ahem! are you forgetting to do something my unwashed shipmate?

I am waiting…

[ATTACH]3149[/ATTACH] And let the force be with you…

[QUOTE=Jeffrox;102385][ATTACH]3149[/ATTACH] And let the force be with you…[/QUOTE]

Now don’t be mixing your Star Trek and Star Wars idioms now…we just had someone else do that the other day and the shockwaves are still reverberating throughout the land!

[QUOTE=c.captain;102391]Now don’t be mixing your Star Trek and Star Wars idioms now…we just had someone else do that the other day and the shockwaves are still reverberating throughout the land![/QUOTE]

To follow not the lead of our CinC would be illogical…