I honestly don't think it is possible to get any fugier

[QUOTE=gulf_engineer;137143]The only thing I could think of is maybe one is a swing-down or maybe a normal z-drive near the centerline?[/QUOTE]

well, it could be three back there but still why on earth are they so close together? All newbuild drillships have their thrusters in a delta pattern to give a better possible combined vector without thrusting into eachother. I cannot see how two or three z-drives so close together could ever be effective? Also, why are all the thrusters so small? They look like 1000kW max each. You need 2500kW thrusters on a vessel this size with this much windage. LUNACY!

[QUOTE=c.captain;137145]well, it could be three back there but still why on earth are they so close together? All newbuild drillships have their thrusters in a delta pattern to give a better possible combined vector without thrusting into eachother. I cannot see how two or three z-drives so close together could ever be effective? Also, why are all the thrusters so small? They look like 1000kW max each. You need 2500kW thrusters on a vessel this size with this much windage. LUNACY![/QUOTE]

This is very out of the box but could it be for redundancy and the centerline one not be used unless another fails?

Is it any fuglier than a typical car carrier?

As Frank Lloyd Wright so famously said: “Form follows function.”

of course not but it sure ranks up there with many of the ugliest ever imo. There is always this beauty which it pretty butt fugly itself…

As Frank Lloyd Wright so famously said: “Form follows function.”

agreed it is a working vessel to be built to do a specific job but the human eye can judge an appearance as being out of proportion and without pleasing aspect…this one fails that simple test I am afraid