How to Apply with Edison Chouest

Hey guys I’m curious is to how you can apply with ECO online or do you have to go into there office and do it?

If you want the job, call an set up a time to interview in person, there’s no online app that I know of, plus it wouldn’t get you the job even if there was one. Press the flesh my man, and good luck to you.

It helps if you know a creditable person that’s already working for ECO. A majority of the people I know that work with Chouest knew someone else that already worked there. Other than that it’s best to apply in person. Good luck!

Thanks guys appreciate it!

If you don’t know somebody, it’s tough to get in. That what I’ve heard anyways…

You do not have to know anyone to get a job. call and set up interview with Nicky Collins or ask to talk to him. They are looking for experience and what type of license you have.

They are only looking for 1600 ton Masters and qmeds. Nicky gets about 100 voice mails and 400 emails a day. But if you walk in he will pretty much make time to see you. Of course there will be 50 other people there also waiting to see him but they see you in the order that you show up.

Also need engineers as well. Talked to Nicky today at the office. Best thing to do is apply in person.

They called the other day & offered me a job on one of the LNG tugs. I passed, not enough $$

What do they pay engineers? Whats the rotation?

Pay scale varies with the vessel and the same with the schedule. Most are 28/14, 14/14, 28/28, 60/30. All depends on the position your hired as well. Check out the website, you wont get Chief engineer pay unless your the chief of the vessel and you wont be hired on as a chief either. So the licensed engineer will be the pay scale to go by.

I was there today. If I’d had RFPNW I probably would have gotten something…but I didn’t. There were a few people in and out in the several hours I spent there. No appointment, I just walked in, so I was happy to have talked with anyone. It seemed most of the folks in and out were looking for shore jobs. One other guy was in and out very quickly. Another guy I think got an offer. All I overheard was, “you do have an oceans endorsement, right?”

So I can say that if you show up you will talk with someone, even if it isn’t for very long. Everyone I interacted with in the office was very nice. Perhaps I’ll head back there when I get some new paperwork.

Can’t help but share the good news.
Had a guy from Calif. check in last week, interviewed with Nicky Collins at ECO and was hired on Friday morning.
He is a 3rd mate Unlimited from a Maritime Academy.
He is in training classes in Galliano taking Safe Gulf, Environmental, etc. and leaves on a boat on Thursday morning.
Another guy checked in this week and would have gotten hired as an AB had he had the RFPNW.
So, it is still looking very good for employment, here, on the GOM.

[QUOTE=power230;61352]Pay scale varies with the vessel and the same with the schedule. Most are 28/14, 14/14, 28/28, 60/30. All depends on the position your hired as well. Check out the website, you wont get Chief engineer pay unless your the chief of the vessel and you wont be hired on as a chief either. So the licensed engineer will be the pay scale to go by.[/QUOTE]

How many years would it take to get to licensed engineer from wiper…?

1 year sea time including 6 months as QMED for the lowest level license.

Does Anyone know if they are still looking for people for the AB with RFPNW? I sent an email in late this afternoon. I know I should fly over there but these guy I am with now have been good to me and I will see them through until I am done and laid off in March. My captain now recommended that I at least apply by email to them as they are a great company to work for. I keep hearing mixed reviews but most of it seems like complaints about the work but hay why did you leave your house if you weren’t ready to work. We ran into that a lot when I was fishing you would get a guy out there and they would realize that it was actually work or they missed their girlfriend, i am sea sick, or some other lame excuse. I was really surprised at how many guys we went through on this boat I am now even. Crazy

I’m thinking of leaving MSC after 6 years and was looking at ECO. Are they still looking for Engineers? I have a 2AE Unlimited HP of Motor with an STCW 95 Officer In Charge of an Engineering Watch. I spent 23 years in the Navy as an Engineman working on auxiliary equipment and engines and continued doing the same thing in MSC. I’m tired of being gone 8-10 months out of the year. There’s got to be something better out there than MSC :frowning:

well eco is mostly 28/14 so youre still going to be gone 8 months of the year. But NO, they aren’t looking. the oil patch is dead right now.

Go work for a tug company in the northeast. Good $$ & equal time.

[QUOTE=acdcrocks73;162346]I’m thinking of leaving MSC after 6 years and was looking at ECO. Are they still looking for Engineers? I have a 2AE Unlimited HP of Motor with an STCW 95 Officer In Charge of an Engineering Watch. I spent 23 years in the Navy as an Engineman working on auxiliary equipment and engines and continued doing the same thing in MSC. I’m tired of being gone 8-10 months out of the year. There’s got to be something better out there than MSC :([/QUOTE]

Its tough getting a job anywhere right now. But with your experience you should be able to find something.

Seems like crowley steadily advertises for engineers.