HOS warland

why the sponsons

More stability and increased deck space/work area. The Riverbend had them added during the flotel conversion for much the same reasons.

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;159445]More stability and increased deck space/work area. The Riverbend had them added during the flotel conversion for much the same reasons.[/QUOTE Under stand increased deck space/work area. But
thought maybe less wetted surface area, for fuel savings. Cheers

Please let it be a 6000 vessel, I want to see CC blow a gasket!!

I believe that will be the case…

[QUOTE=sailcapt;159450]Under stand increased deck space/work area. But
thought maybe less wetted surface area, for fuel savings. Cheers[/QUOTE]

If that was the case, why doesn’t it have a bulbous bow?

looks just like that piece of shit NOBLE BULLY I

so why didn’t HOS elect to built sisters to the IRON HORSE and ACHIEVER in the US? I heard that BAE was teamed with IMC Merwede to start building those with Jones Act privileges.

Why didn’t they just build a beamier and property designed vessel in the first place, instead of gluing on afterthought sponsons?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;159495]Why didn’t they just build a beamier and property designed vessel in the first place, instead of gluing on afterthought sponsons?[/QUOTE]

Probably to keep it under the 6000 if I had to guess. It sure as hell doesn’t do anything for the look of the vessel. Nice beamer vessel and bulbous bow would be a nice addition than adding party barge pontoons on the side of it. Kinda looks like a OSV with dually fenders…

It wasn’t an afterthought, this is how STX designed it. I saw the drawings in early 2013. This is not laid out exactly the same as the Harvey Deep Sea either. There are a lot of company requested modifications and upgrades.

As far as the Merwede vessels go I imagine that could’ve been a possibility had the boom lasted longer. There’s always next building cycle to see what happens.

Sponsons aren’t always an afterthought; that is all. They aren’t always that pronounced, or low on the hull, but the same idea regardless.

I think it looks sweet. My company is adding 2 huge vessels to fleet this year, I’m excited to see them finished!

So is mine. Unless things have changed, there are two 165 meter X-Bows on the shipyard ways. One here in the states, and one in Norway.

Lots of tonnage left to hit the water during this cycle. Let’s just hope they can all stay working once delivered.

[QUOTE=jbtam99;159505]So is mine. Unless things have changed, there are two 165 meter X-Bows on the shipyard ways. One here in the states, and one in Norway.[/QUOTE]

You talking about the 2 that ECO are building? The xbow mpsv’s? Is saw the renderings a while back, they looked cool

The ones my company is building are gonna be state of the art and tied for the largest in the world, we currently have 2 boats in our fleet that were the biggest when they were built a couple years ago, its pretty cool seeing those and knowing they are “ours” and its prideful knowing we have equipment that everybody else that does our type of work wishes they had or could work/live on.

This same company DID NOT lay off a single person since oil prices sunk and now all 6 of our boats are working again with contracts. Our owner sent 3 of our boats to our shipyard early (since we didn’t have a contract at time) and paid us the whole time like normal. The only incentive we lost was our safety points!! Ha!!! And you can’t even really count that! Sometimes it just pays to be lucky :slight_smile:

Who’s your company?

Hot damn, I just notice a drop down. It’s about time, I don’t understand why all the HOSMAX boats didn’t get them. The 320s would have benefited greatly from one (or 2)

I do believe he is maybe talking about Jackson Offshore? Hardly the biggest two boats though so I’m a little confused.

Edit: now I’m thinking Otto Candies?

Otto candies maybe? I thought they had mor than 6 boats though. Or maybe LaBorde

Its a liftboat operator, it should be fairly easy to figure it out from there based on the info I supplied! :wink: